Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Login forms rendering problem with built-in WP themes

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kostas 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hi,

I am testing the new Toolset betas with login forms, according to:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-7-building-account-page-login-form/

With the new Toolset betas:

1. In the user login form, the text "Username or Email" is missing from the first form field.
2. in the lost password form, the text "Username or Email" of the only field AND the text "GET NEW PASSWORD" of the button, are missing.

Tested with built-in WP themes 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017.

Please note that my testing site language is not English.

Cheers,
Kostas

Username-or-Email.JPG

Dear Kostas,

I assume we are talking about the document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-training-course/part-7-building-account-page-login-form/
the screenshot:
hidden link

The text in screenshot: "Username or Email".

If it is, the problem is abnormal, I just tested it in my localhost, with the beta version of Views plugin 2.5-b2, shortcodes:
[wpv-login-form] and [wpv-forgot-password-form], both shortcodes works fine, see screenshot Username-or-Email.JPG

In case there are other compatibility problem in your website, please try these:
deactivate other plugins (expect Views plugin) and switch to original wordpress default theme, and test again

login.png
forgot-password.png

Hi Luo,

Thank you for responding.

Yes, we are talking about the same screens.
I have just changed my site language to English (from Greek) and all is fine, exactly as your screenshot shows. So the problem arises when site language is not English (no WPML or similar is installed). You can see the problem at my attached screenshots.

Please note that the missing texts appear as English text in my Greek site, using latest Toolset stable versions. So there is definitely something wrong there.

Cheers,
Kostas

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate same problem with Greek wordpress installation, and escalated this thread to our 2nd tier supporters, currently you can try to add below codes into your theme/functions.php:

add_filter('gettext', 'my_func', 10, 3);
function my_func($translated_text, $text, $domain){
	if($text == 'Username or Email' && $domain == 'wpv-views'){
		$translated_text = 'Username or Email in Greek';
	}
	return $translated_text;
}

Thank you Luo, your workaround works fine.

How about a similar one fot the "GET NEW PASSWORD" button text of lost password form, which is also missing?

Thanks again,
Kostas

You can modify the PHP codes as below, and test again

add_filter('gettext', 'my_func', 10, 3);
function my_func($translated_text, $text, $domain){
	if($text == 'Username or Email' && $domain == 'wpv-views'){
		$translated_text = 'Username or Email in Greek';
	}
	if($text == 'Get New Password' && $domain == 'wpv-views'){
		$translated_text = 'Get New Password in Greek';
	}
	return $translated_text;
}

Excellent, thank you Luo, your workaround works.

I would imagine next Views version would include this correction?

Cheers,
Kostas

Yes, you are right, it has been forward to our 2nd tier supporters, and it should be fixed in the stable version of Views plugin 2.5

That is fine, thank you Luo.

I have just noticed that also Error messages of the two forms are wrongly appearing in English, so you might also forward this to your 2nd tier supporters.

Cheers,
Kostas

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.