Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Logo image does not show after adding it in my genesis with DWB integration.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
How to display logo image with Genesis theme

Solution:
you will need to use custom CSS to add logo:

To add logo you can use following steps:
http://www.carriedils.com/add-logo-genesis-theme/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Denver Prophit Jr. 7 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author
2016-06-05_1221.png
2016-06-05_1232.png
2016-06-05_1238.png
2016-06-05_1223.png

I am trying to:
Add a logo image to make it visible front end. I'm following my normal workflow with genesis+dynamik website builder, adding it as i usually do in Genesis with dynamik under Dynamik design. Then I change the setting in genesis from dynamic text (site title) to image logo. I have added a layout cell in layouts for the genesis site title. (I expect that to be the one to use for image logo since there doesn't seem to be an alternative.) When the logo should show up on the front end I just get a blank area.

Although when I have the Genesis theme settings configured to Dynamik text...then the site title do show as it is supposed to with only text. However, when I change to logo image...then I just get a empty space where the logo is supposed to be.

I visited this URL:
It's on a local development environment.

I expected to see:
To see my logo show up on the front end when using the genesis site title layoutscell. When my settings is correctly configured in Genesis and Dynamik Website Builder i expect it to work just fine to display the logo front end.

Instead, I got:
A blank space where the logo is supposed to be.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Could you please tell me what is the genesis theme version you are using along with Toolset plugin versions?

Latest version. I did update both yesterday.

Minesh
Supporter

This looks like the compatibility issue with dynamik website builder.

Generally we can setup logo with genesis by altering CSS class. Please check below:
=> hidden link

I need to check on your install what's happening.
*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - could you please move your site on some test server and share access details with me.

Minesh
Supporter

I've escalated your issue to our next level support. Please be patient, wait for a reply for them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Minesh
Supporter

Our next level support would like to debug this issue further but to do that they need duplicator package.

Could you please send us 1:1 copy of your site. You can do that by following next steps.

+ You can download the Duplicator plugin from here
=> http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you already know how Duplicator works (http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ ), please skip the following steps and just send me the installer file and a fresh package.

# Duplicator instruction
+ From WordPress plugin page, look for "Duplicator" and install it
+ Once installed, you get a new main menu "Duplicator"
+ Chose "Packages"
+ Click on the first button you find in the toolbar on the right ("Create Package")
+ Give it a name or leave it as is
+ Click on "Create Package Set"
+ Wait until the package is ready
+ Click on "Installer", then on "Package": the first one is just a php script, the second one is a zip file containing everything you need
+ Send me both files (you probably want to use DropBox, Google Drive, or similar services, as the snapshot file will be quite big)

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

Thank you. I'll forward this to our next level support.

Minesh
Supporter

I got the confirm message that Indeed you will need to use custom CSS for adding the logo as I explain you before:

To add logo you can use following steps:
hidden link

Could you please try and check.

Thank You! It did work now.

The better solution is this: Upload images through Dynamik-Gen >> Design >> Images.

/* logo 300px by 54px */
.header-image .title-area {
  background-image: url(images/dpcg-logo.png);
  background-repeat: no-repeat;
}
/* logo 600px by 108px */
/* CSS for high-resolution devices */
@media only screen and (-Webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5),
only screen and (-moz-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5),
only screen and (-o-min-device-pixel-ratio: 3/2),
only screen and (min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5) {
    .header-image .title-area {
        background-image: url(images/dpcg-logo@x2.png);
        background-size: 600px 108px;
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
    }
}
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.