Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Map not loading

This support ticket is created 8 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to: view google map using toolset map module

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: a google map with lots of markers

Instead, I got: no map or markers but it's intermittent. I can view the map a couple of times then the map fails when I revisit the page.
This thread describes the problem pretty well:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/google-map-only-loads-half-the-time/
but the solution is vague. I have re embedded the map in the view several times but eventually each map fails.
The reload button doesn't work to reload the map either.
The console shows no errors or warnings.
Disabling all plugins except the toolset plugins didn't solve it either

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Toolset Support. Since you tried already all the debugging steps I think the best and fastest procedure would be that I create the duplicate of your website and test it on my server.

For this I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. 
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

Hello,

I tried to log in, but I get error "Invalid Username", can you please recheck this?

Thanks.

My apologies.
It appears that the user account wasn't set up 🙁
it is now but the password will have changed.
Can I send you secure login info again?

many thanks

Same problem here. Please help!

@Mladen
Please can you send me a link to send you login details securely as i have reset the password.
Many thanks

Hello,

I enabled the private fields again.

Thanks.

Hello,

I confirmed the issue and forwarded to our 2nd tier support team.

There is a problem with PHP in your install and Duplicator plugin is not working, you can go to Duplicator and see which are the problems that have to be solved. I am pretty sure that our 2nd tier supporters would like to download the snapshot of your website in order to debug it, so it would be GREAT if you can resolve this.

Thanks.

Hi Mladen,
Thanks for your observations.
I have enabled the zip library, and MySQLi on my server and now all requirements are met.

Many thanks, I look forward to getting this issue resolved.

Hi Mouli, Mladen escalated this issue to me.

I was able to retrieve the duplicator package from your website and I'm looking into this issue right now.

As soon as I have some news I'll let you know.

Regards,
Yuri.

Hi Mouli, I've debugged the issue and from what I could see there is some sort of caching mechanism inside Beaver Builder plugin that prevents the Javascript files responsible for the generation of the maps to be loaded. If I deactivate BB and use the Views shortcode directly in the page's text field the problem is resolved.

Unfortunately we cannot debug 3rd party plugins so what I would suggest is for you to get in touch with the developers for this plugin and check with them how can this cache be either circumvented or removed specifically for the block that has the Views Maps shortcode.

In a more technical note you can point the BB developers to this thread and to this explanation.
>>>>
The reason that the Google Maps files are not being loaded is that when Views registers the files responsible for manipulating the map it also verifies the need to load the Google Maps JS files. This code is being run at all times but in the second it runs the scripts queued by the action hook "wp_enqueue_scripts" are being de-queued somewhere within BB. When BB is deactivated the enqueued files behave as expected and load normally.
>>>>

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Yuri.

Hi Yuri
many thanks for that.
I have forwarded your comments to the Beaver Builder team and am waiting to hear back from them.
In the meantime would a workaround be possible.
If the issue is that Beaver Builder is de-queueing the scripts needed for the map, is it possible to re en-enqueue them on the page containing the map via a simple function call to wp_enqueue_scripts that runs when the map page is loaded?

Many thanks

Mouli

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I can see the map working now, is that fixed?

Hi Adriano,
it does appear to be working now!
All I did was deactivate the Map module in BB and delete the Beaver Builder cache so possibly this was causing the issue as I can't break it now how ever hard I try.
So lets mark this as resolved in so far as my site is concerned.
The issue does seem to be a conflict between the map modules of Beaver Builder and Views that still causes problems under certain circumstances but deleting the BB cache worked for me so maybe it will for others having the same problem.
I'll reopen a ticket if it crops up again.
Many thanks

Mouli

All right, you are welcome.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.