Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Markers not displaying on Frontend Map

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: None of the Markers are displaying on the Google Map. In the backend, each address field is mapped correctly.

Solution: In this case it appears the markup was correct, but there was a problem with the restrictions placed on the API Key. Usually this indicates a problem in the formatting of the domain name applied in the Google Maps API Key console, or a typo. Try removing all restrictions, and check to see if the Markers begin to appear.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/#displaying-markers

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterD-13 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I am trying to: Get Markers to Display on the Frontend Map.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

Credentials are required, you will have to private message me to get them.

I expected to see: Markers

Instead, I got: Map with no Markers. No Errors.

Backend works fine. Adding of Address field and appears on a Map.

Private reply fields enabled. Before you send that information, please check the documentation here and confirm you have inserted the marker shortcode somewhere. You must insert both a Map shortcode and a Marker shortcode:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/#displaying-markers

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 5.20.33 PM.png

There appears to be a problem with the restrictions on your Maps API Key. I switched to an API key of mine that has no restrictions, and the Markers began to appear as expected. See the attached screenshot. What types of restrictions are applied to your API key?

I have reverted to your original Maps API Key, but the Markers geolocations have already been cached, so the existing Markers will continue to appear on the Map.

Where do I find what restrictions are on the API Key?

I just followed your instructions on creating an API Key.

The only limit I set was to Restrict by HTTP referrers.

toolset-maps-google-maps-api-key-restrictions.png

The only limit I set was to Restrict by HTTP referrers.
Yes, and I need to know which HTTP referrers. To find out, you must go to the Google Maps API Developers Console:
hidden link

There is a screenshot attached showing where this information can be found.

I had just put the domain name hidden link

Do I need to add a "/*" at the end as well?

Many thanks.

Issue resolved.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.