Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Multi Select Field

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

How do I add multi select fields to my Post Field Groups to be displayed when creating my new Post Types? I see that you have the Multi Select field option available for CRED forms so it must be there somewhere but I haven't been able to find it when creating my Post Field Groups.

My Post Types will be created from the backend so I don't think CREDs applies to this situation. I've read the trouble tickets surronding multi select but from what I can see, they all relate to CRED. I saw a post from Luo Yang (#237918) that talked about created a Taxonomy to make this possible but again, it seems to be dependant on CREDs.

Thank you,
Dave

It is not possible to create MultiSelect Fields with Types. Types features only Checkboxes that allow a multiple selection. These would be the ones you use when you need multiple selectable choices. In CRED, you can add Generic Fields that use a Multiple Selection if the correct ShortCode attributes are passed to it: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/cred-shortcodes/#cred_field > single_select

A feature was filed a while ago, and considered, but there is not yet any ETA on this. I added your voice to it already.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.