Skip Navigation

[Closed] Nested View

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Maarten 11 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I've been looking all over the place and can't find the answer so please help me out.

I'm making a website about Spain. The first selection criteria is the autonomous area, in the next selection field should be the province but I only want the provinces that belong to the autonomous area that has just been selected to appear in the menu. After that there will be another field where the city can be selected, again only the cities that belong to the selected province should appear. How do I go about it? Thanks a lot.

Maarten

Dear Maarten,

We have had several requests for that and its in our todo list, but I'm not sure yet when we will reach that point. I will add this thread to the ticket so I can notify you when its ready.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards,
Caridad

Hola Caridad,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry to hear that it is not jet possible. Please keep me informed.
However I saw on your showcase pages that this page does have it.
hidden link
If you type in the city it loads the neighbourhoods and these change when you change the city.
Have they used types and views?

Thanks,

Maarten

Dear Maarten,

I don't think they use Views for that particular dropdown. You can do it with Javascript but requires coding from your side, its not something that Views will do.

Regards,
Caridad

Hola Caridad,

Thanks all the best,

Maarten

The topic ‘[Closed] Nested View’ is closed to new replies.