Skip Navigation

[Resolved] No Toolset Starter Theme CSS

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to use my own custom CSS and turn off the Toolset Starter Theme CSS, and I would like to use Bootstrap 4.

Solution: You may deactivate Toolset Starter Theme CSS by going to Appearance > Customize > Advanced Settings. Edit your child theme to dequeue Bootstrap and re-enqueue it using your own Bootstrap 4 styles.

if ( ! function_exists( 'ref_enqueue_main_stylesheet' ) ) {
    function ref_enqueue_main_stylesheet() {
        if ( ! is_admin() ) {
            wp_enqueue_style( 'main', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array(), null );
            wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array(), null );
            wp_deregister_style( 'bootstrap_css' );
            wp_deregister_script( 'wpbootstrap_bootstrap_js' );
            wp_register_style( 'bootstrap_css', 'path/to/bootstrap.4.css' , array(), null );
            wp_register_script( 'wpbootstrap_bootstrap_js', 'path/to/bootstrap.4.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true );
            wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap_css' );
            wp_enqueue_script( 'wpbootstrap_bootstrap_js' );
        }
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'ref_enqueue_main_stylesheet', 100 );
}
This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi, i bought an html, css and js theme based on boostrap 4.0.

I full integrated css & js dependendencies in the toolset starter theme, but i would like to not use only my theme css with no conflicts.

I disabled everything on toolset administration and i only would use my custom css, but for some reason it still uses your theme's css

Where i could disable everything and full customize my theme ?

Hi, I'm sorry but I do not understand what you want to accomplish. It sounds like you have the Toolset Starter Theme active, but you have also purchased another theme you would like to use. Can you explain why you want to use the Toolset Starter theme? Why not use the theme you purchased without the Toolset Starter theme?

Hi Christian,
i use Toolset Starter theme and i would like to use my own css.
I bought a "css theme" whose name is MdBootstrap Pro, you can see it in action here: hidden link

I simply would use this css code instead of Starter Theme's one. But while i do it it does not work fine. I made a plugin to deregister styles form toolset theme and i also noticed a bug: when trying to disable Bootstrap it doesn't work and it already includes it in output styles.

Simply what I'd need is to use just external css, i just know how to include it.

For my project one of my needs is to custom style search form in views. I would like to completely custom the multiple select form this way: hidden link

I simply would use this css code instead of Starter Theme's one.
You can disable the theme CSS for Toolset Starter Theme in Appearance > Customize > Advanced Settings. Uncheck "Load theme CSS". Then in your child theme's functions.php file, modify the code that enqueues the main stylesheet and deregister Bootstrap. Re-enqueue it using your own Bootstrap 4 library files, something like this:

if ( ! function_exists( 'ref_enqueue_main_stylesheet' ) ) {
    function ref_enqueue_main_stylesheet() {
        if ( ! is_admin() ) {
            wp_enqueue_style( 'main', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array(), null );
            wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style', get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css', array(), null );
            wp_deregister_style( 'bootstrap_css' );
            wp_deregister_script( 'wpbootstrap_bootstrap_js' );
            wp_register_style( 'bootstrap_css', 'path/to/bootstrap.4.css' , array(), null );
            wp_register_script( 'wpbootstrap_bootstrap_js', 'path/to/bootstrap.4.js', array( 'jquery' ), null, true );
            wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap_css' );
            wp_enqueue_script( 'wpbootstrap_bootstrap_js' );
        }
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'ref_enqueue_main_stylesheet', 100 );
}

Change the path to the Bootstrap 4 files to match your site.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.