Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Not able to set conditional logic

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to: Have certain fields be available when a checkbox option is selected

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's on the backend

I have a field group consisting of:

Choose Individual or Family (checkbox)
Individual Name
Family Name
Child Name
Home Phone
Cell Phone
Email Address

I want to be able to hide either "Individual Name" or "Family Name" depending on what is selected in the checkbox. When I click on "Set Conditions" in the individual name, the only field I can choose is "Family Name". I want to choose "Choose Individual or Family" and if "Family" is chosen, I want to hide "Individual Name".

How come I can't see Choose Individual or Family" and how do I hide "Individual Name"?

It is not possible:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/types-custom-fields-conditional-display/ > Simple conditional fields logic

The Embedded Media, File Fields (Audio, Video, Image and File Upload field), Multiple Checkboxes field and a WYSIWYG Text Area field. Additionally, repeating fields also cannot be used as conditions for showing other fields.

Related to the conditional in general, it is broken right now if you use as well Views.
Please read more about that here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/admin-ajax-php-500-internal-server-error-when-trying-to-add-conditionals/#post-580757

Related to the opening issue here, the goal cannot be achieved with Toolset as per above Documentation.
Unfortunately it is not possible to use Checkboxes there.
Eventually, you can use Select Fields, there, also you can be sure the User never picks more than one option 🙂

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.