Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Ordering by most matched

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tonyS-8 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I am trying to: Order my results by most matched. I asked about this three years ago. So much time has passed. Was not sure if the data base can be queried in this matter yet or if there was any new solutions through View output ordering.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link Home page wpv-view name="Area of anomalies view"

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please confirm what exactly you mean by "most matched" result, can I have example?

Most matched.png

Thanks for your response and here is an example; If you choose Agenesis of the corpus callosum and cleft lip from "Head Anomalies" choose Single umbilical artery from "Body Anomalies" Choose "Clenched hands from Skeletal Anomalies" and choose IUGR from Miscellaneous Anomalies. You will have about 50 results. These results are ordered alphabetically descending. If you scroll all the way down to Trisomy 18 you will see it has the most matched. I want this to result out first because it has five matched results. Then the ones with three matched results, then two, then one. If they have the same number of matched results then it could default to alphabetical as a secondary ordering. See picture also for example.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

ahh - OK.

There is no such feature available yet and it will need custom programming that is eventually beyond the scope of our support policy.

If you need custom programming for your project, please fell free to contact our certified partners.
=> https://toolset.com/contractors/

Though, I'll add your voice to our internal ticket and file it as new feature request if its not already filed.

You said "I asked about this three years ago" - could you please share the ticket where you requested this feature?

Here is the ticket link. https://toolset.com/forums/topic/better-diasplay-of-taxomomy-results/

I did try to contact a partner years ago with no luck. There are many new partners so I may try this again.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.