Skip Navigation

[Resolved] other plugin connecting with view addon

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian Nask 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi,
I am using TLP team pro plugin and i would like connect with your plugin view addon. I would like that my customers can filter out team members. if i set this up like in tutorial: hidden link then id doesn't search anything. My search and members page is this: hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Ian

I assume the plugin creates a custom post type for team members, and you are trying to create a custom search for members where the users can filter by certain criteria.

What are these criteria and how are they added to the member posts?

Are they custom fields that you created with Types and assigned to the member post type?

Can you show me what the filters you have added to your View look like?

Hi,

Yes it is costom post type for members and i am trying to make custom search by certain criteria.

I would like that i can filter by department and designation (these are categorys) and maybe member name and short bio. If i can pass you in private login details, then i can show exactly where is this plugin post form and how it is looks like.

I can add members in back end and also i have been creating front end submission form for my customers (i take money to be on this list).

if i can submit my login details to you then i can send you more private links.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ian

I'm finished for today, but let me set up a private reply for you so that I have it when I start in the morning.

Nigel
Supporter

Hi Ian

I have taken a look at your site and I think I understand what the issue is (Estonian!)

On the page with id = 2605 ("Tegijad") you insert the Views search form from the View "tegijate-otsimine", but you don't insert the View results.

Instead you insert a tlpteam shortcode to output the team members. That is querying the member posts and outputting them itself, it isn't connected in any way to the View search form (and cannot be).

You cannot use a Views search form to filter the members but then use the TLP plugin to output the results. I'm not familiar with the TLP plugin to know if it has the ability to filter which members are shown, but you need to use one plugin or the other to generate the list of members.

If you decide to use Views then you can add the required filters to the View and the what is output for each member (e.g. name, photo etc.) is determined by what you include in the Loop Output section of the View.

If you decide to use Views and need any help setting up the View for the member list then let me know.

not good news, but thanks for your time and answer.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.