Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Pagination to only show single view on next page

This support ticket is created 6 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Support,

I have a page with multiple views on. The last view on the page has pagination settings. When I click more I expect to see just the view on the reloaded page, but I'm seeing all the views before it as well.

Here is the website: bourbonculture.com

If you scroll all the way to the bottom, you'll see "View More". When I click view more, I'd like to see only that view and the additional items that go along with it. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Chuck

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

I took a look at this for you and saw the issue, however this is how the view actually functions. The next page or in your case "View More" will simply refresh the page that the view is placed on with the additional information.

In your case you have multiple views on the same page hence why they will still show up. So you will need to place the view with the pagination on its own page if you don't wan't the others showing up.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Is there no other work around?

I guess one solution would be to display 30 posts and make the current pagination button a button to a new page that displays a new view that skips the first 30 posts and has pagination?

There has to be an easier way than that though.

Thanks,
Chuck

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

The only other workaround I can think of that uses the same page is to use the infinite scroll but then this will only allow you to see the bottom of your page when the list is completed.

But this is actually how views work so the best solution is for the view to be on another page, or you can use the view more button to hard link to another page that contains only this view.

Thanks,
Shane

That's what I figured. I'll have to test that solution this evening.

When I click "view more", this is the domain that appears:
hidden link

It looks very "spammy". Is there anyway to clean that up to so that it looks clearner, like: hidden link

Thanks,
Chuck

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

Unfortunately no as the url is like that because of the query used to specify for which view you should load the next page for.

The only way to avoid the url being populated with this is through the ajax loading of the next page.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm trying to play around with my sites settings. Originally I had my view count changed to 30 within the filter, but I have changed the sites default settings to 30 so I wouldn't have to use the filter. This is my URL after the change:

hidden link

Shouldn't the view count be removed from the end of the URL since the websites default is 30?

Screenshot of filter settings: hidden link

Thanks,
Chuck

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

The more button is a pagination for views correct?

It seems to be specifying the view ID the pagination is for and I believe this is something that is required when generating the url.

Would you mind providing me with admin access ?

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

I tested this on a fresh install and it is the normal expected behaviour.

It could be that the developers are using the id of the view for something hence why the view id is still being passed in the url.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

I developed the website and to my knowledge I am not using the view id for anything. It's a very simple site. Is there a way to debug?

Thanks,
Chuck

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

What I can do is to escalate it to our 2nd tier supporters to see why this is needed.

Please let me know if you would want me to do that, though this may not guarantee a solution.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Please escalate. I'm curious to see the response as I don't see a need or understand it.

Thanks,
Chuck

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

I've posted the question to our 2nd tier supporters.

Hopefully we get a response on this soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane. Waiting patiently for response.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charles,

Sorry for the lengthy wait but it seems that this in the URL is for the browser history management for the pagination and search.

So the queries are passed in the url so that when a user clicks the back button, instead of going back to the first page or in the case of a search it will not return to a blank search.

This setting can be found in Toolset -> Settings -> Front-end -> Browser history management

Thanks
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.