Skip Navigation

[Resolved] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function WP_Installer()

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 10:00 - - - - -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohammed.

Author

My error logs are getting filled up with the following:

[05-Sep-2017 05:52:38 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function WP_Installer() in /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php:94
Stack trace:
#0 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php(72): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->screen_any()
#1 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(298): Toolset_Controller_Admin_Notices->init_screens(Object(WP_Screen))
#2 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(323): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(453): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-screen.php(396): do_action('current_screen', Object(WP_Screen))
#5 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-admin/includes/screen.php(232): WP_Screen->set_current_screen()
#6 /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/sync/class.jetpack-sync-sender.php(128): set in /home/dmcclurecom/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/toolset-common/inc/controller/admin/notices.php on line 94

Hello Daneil,

I’m Mohammed: the Toolset support team leader. I’ll give my best to help you.

To be able to work on this issue, I would like to replicate the issue on my local machine.
So, it will be very helpful if you provided the exact steps to replicate the issue.

FYI, this may be a conflict with other plugins because I see that you have many plugins installed.
So, you can disable all non-Toolset plugins and activate a default theme (Twenty seventeen) and test if the issue still exists.

Thanks.

For the record, I'm seeing the exact same errors on two of my sites running Toolset. I'm not sure what triggers the error though.

Hi Sarah,

This you for the notification.

Please check my answer here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/php-fatal-error-uncaught-error-call-to-undefined-function-wp_installer/#post-566670

I've Daniel to disable all non-Toolset plugins and activate the TwentySeventeen theme the test if the issue still happens. could you please test the same and let me know the result?

If this didn't help, please provide me the access details of your website so that I can check the issue.
For that, I will set the next reply as private one so that you can provide your credentials securely.

Thanks

Hi, I saw your earlier answer to disable plugins and activate default theme. Unfortunately, I can't do that with these live sites. When I have time, I'll see if I can set up a test site to replicate the issue and will respond back.

If this helps, both site are running Genesis theme but with different child themes. My error logs show the error occuring very frequently, about 4-6 times an hour on average.

This error was due to Jetpack performing background synchronizations.

We add a fix for this error in the Types version that has been released yesterday.

Can you update to 2.2.17 and re-check?
The particular error should not exist anymore.

Note that only this particular errors has been addressed.
You may still find errors in CRED screens related to Toolset.
If so, please open a new report for any other kind of error you may find.

Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.