Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Plot markers of addresses from a taxonomy along with address from post in the same map

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a map that shows the address field associated with a custom post type. I also have a custom address field on some taxonomy terms that are associated with this post. I'd like the map to include markers for each taxonomy term, and I'd like the term markers to be different than the post marker.

Solution: Set up a new View of your custom taxonomy. In the Loop Output section of this View, insert a Map Marker using the Fields and Views button. In the settings for the marker, you will set it to reference the same map ID you are already displaying on your post. You can choose to get the location of each marker from a custom term field, and you can also choose a specific marker in the "Marker Icons" tab. Finally you will add your View to the post, content template, or layout containing the map.

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jonS-4 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

I have a custom taxonomy which has a custom term of a map location. When viewing a page of a custom post I have a map showing that post's location. But I also want to plot markers for all the taxonomy locations that the post uses. Ideally I want the pin to be a different graphic, too. I've gone through loads of threads in the support forum but just can't find how to achieve this.

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 3.46.09 PM.png

Hi, sure this is possible. Set up a new View of your custom taxonomy. In the Loop Output section of this View, you want to insert a Map Marker using the Fields and Views button. In the settings for the marker, you will set it to reference the same map ID you are already displaying on your post. You can choose to get the location of each marker from a custom term field, and you can also choose a specific marker in the "Marker Icons" tab. Screenshot of a sample Loop Output editor attached. Finally you will add your View to the post, content template, or layout containing the map.

We have more information about this here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-on-google-maps/

Let me know if you get stuck and I'll take another look.

Wow, thanks Christian, that's exactly what I needed.

One small issue. It's working great but is placing a marker for every taxonomy. I want it to only place them for the taxonomies selected for that post. I'm guessing it's an easy tweak but I just can't find it.

Thanks again.

Hi again

Sorted it! I put in a filter on the new view.

Thanks again, you're a star.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.