Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Print CPT single post

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to change the display of printed content

Solution: Use CSS media queries or print stylesheets to design your output however you would like

Relevant Documentation: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2015/01/designing-for-print-with-css/
http://www.w3schools.com/css/css3_mediaqueries.asp

This support ticket is created 7 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by volodiaB 7 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello,

I developed a real estate website with the Toolset Suite.
Custom Post Types are designed with Content Templates. E.g. hidden link

Can you help me find a beautiful solution to print them on paper?

Regards, Volo

Hi Volo, nice job so far on the site. I understand that you would like to modify the style of your printed site content. Just like the styles visible on your web site, print styles are defined in CSS. The basic approach to styling your printed site is to add print-specific CSS styles which target specific elements of your site, for instance, the section #description on your single post page.

Here are a couple of different approaches to print styles. You can add a separate print stylesheet to your theme, or you can add print-specific CSS3 media queries and styles to your Content Template CSS editor. Here's a link to some general information about print stylesheets:

hidden link

And another site with information about CSS3 media queries, which can be used to specify print-only styles:

hidden link

You should be able to beautify your printed posts exactly as you would like to show them using CSS. I hope this helps get you started in the right direction!

print-google-maps.png

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the tip. I understand that I can define specific CSS rules for the print.

I have few remaining questions:
1- How can I avoid the links to be hard-written? E.g. Contactez-nous (hidden link;
2- How can I show all the pictures of the fotorama.io slider?
3- How can I render the Google Maps? See void map in print screen

Regards, Volo

Hi Volo, please see my responses below:

1. This is something that Toolset is not designed to accomplish. I recommend searching the web for information on link URL styles in print CSS.
2. Since this is a separate plugin, I recommend asking the creator of this plugin for help with print styles for slider images.
3. Are these maps generated by Toolset, or are these custom maps you have placed on your site in another manner? Can you provide me with a URL to view where I can see this problem on a live site?

Also, if you need professional help with code, you can contact one of our certified partner contractors. Here is the list of our contractors:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to keep the solution simple.

Regards, Volo

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.