Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Quick Edit borked when using CPT-onomies: Easiest way to create Custom Post Types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
When using CPT-onomies: Easiest way to create Custom Post Types plugin the quickedit area of the Custom Posts looks borked after saving some changes in QuickEdit mode.

Solution:
This issue is due to the Plugin CPT-onomies: Easiest way to create Custom Post Types. We reported this problem to the author since it also happens with other Custom Post Types.
You want to reach out to the author in order to ask for a fix
(As per 29th May 2019 this is still happening but the author is informed and eventually will seek a solution)

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
screenshot.png

I am trying to use the Quick Edit function on the custom post type's list view

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Site isn't live and unfortunately I can't provide you with the access credentials.

However I get this bug on WordPress 4.7.5 with only two plugins installed. Toolset Types and CPT-onomies. Create a post custom type. Add a post. Use quick edit to edit that post & Hit update & there are extra table cells added to the

I expected to see: The list update as usual

Instead, I got: extra table cells added at the beginning of the row containing the updated item causing significant display problems.

I've managed to recreate the issue on a test site that I CAN give you access to. You can email me for the login credential

hidden link

Yes, I have heard of that plugin causing issues.

It is doing something, let's say, unusual:
Use Post Types as Taxonomies.

I can also replicate this issue that you report.

I have escalated it to the 2nd Tier, for analysis and then, we will (as I informed you in the WP ORG forum) either solve the BUG - if on our side or contact the Plugin for some compatibility work.

I will inform you here on any update that I have.

I will keep you updated on the process here.

We found some offending code in the other plugin, so we will try to enter in contact.

The author of the problematic Plugin does not answers to our attempts of contact.

We cannot fix the problem on our end, it is a line of Code in the 3rd party plugin that seems to be the source of the issue:
We commented the line number 104 in ..\cpt-onomies\assets\js\admin-edit.min.js

$new_column = $($new_column).insertBefore($column_td), $("table.wp-list-table thead th." + $table_columns[$column_index]).is(":hidden") && $new_column.hide(), $loop_test = !0

That solved the issue.

Now, we need to work with the Author, but they are not responding.

What you can do to help is contact them as well and elaborate on the issue, as well as mention that we tried to enter in contact.

Please let me know once you get feedback so we can proceed.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.