Skip Navigation

[Resolved] searching on post title of parent

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I would like to specify a default option in the select field for my post relationship filter.

Solution: The wpv-control-post-ancestor shortcode accepts a default_label attribute, where you can specify the text for the default option:

[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="abonnement" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
<label>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Abonnementen[/wpml-string]</label>
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="--- select one ---" ancestor_type="abonnement"]
</div>
[/wpv-control-post-relationship]

Relevant Documentation: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-control-post-ancestor

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by JosV9233 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
toolset21.jpg
toolset22.jpg

Hello supporter,

In the custom search form I want to be able to search on the post title of a parent. I achieved that, but one thing is wrong. I want to start the form with no selection. As it is now it opens with the first post title and there is no '--- select one ---' option.

The search form code:
[code}
[wpv-control-post-relationship ancestors="abonnement" url_param="wpv-relationship-filter"]
<div class="form-group">
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" ancestor_type="abonnement"]
</div>
[/code]

How the search form looks you can see in the attached image.
toolset21: 'select one' option replaced with understandable text
toolset22: opens with a selection and no possibility to leave it blank

Please advise.

Jos

Hi, the wpv-control-post-ancestor shortcode accepts a default_label attribute, where you can specify the text for the default option:

<div class="form-group">
[wpv-control-post-ancestor type="select" default_label="--- select one ---" ancestor_type="abonnement"]
</div>

Thanks a lot Christian!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.