Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Setting "catalog display order" on products causes excessive PHP processes

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author
list of plugins.jpg
usage after catalog display order.jpg
php processes.jpg
normal usage.jpg
catalog display order.jpg

I am trying to use the "catalog display order" option to sequence products. After setting a numeric value to several products, (and saving the page) my server PHP processes spike, the server resources max out, and the site crashes. (see screen caps)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

In addition, (and perhaps this is a separate issue), I have gaps in the display grid.

Thank you

There must be something in the server log or WP Debug:
https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG

If you cannot find any error with the latter, please contact your server administrator and request the server logs.
They will tell more.

It is a memory issue, but memory seems high enough on you server, it should be enough for Toolset:
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

After we have the error log I am sure we can spot where the problem starts and eventually it will be due to another Plugin or some custom code that runs in a loop.

We will see this as soon we have the error's exact message.

You may then try to disable the plugin mentioned in the error, if any.

Or, just report back to me the report, and if possible add a Site's Snapshot or access to a development server.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thank you

Sorry, I must have accidentally marked this ticket as resolved, but it's still in the works. Reopening it here.

Well, as the Debug log tells, this seems entirely unrelated to Toolset, but it's coming from "SEO Auto Links" Plugin:

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: .../plugins/seo-auto-links/seo-auto-links.php on line 176
PHP Deprecated:  preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in .../plugins/seo-auto-links/seo-auto-links.php on line 246

Please disable all Plugins and use a native WordPress Theme, to re-test this issue.
I suggest to do this after backing up your website completely.

Then, this issue should be resolved.
After, you can re-activate all plugins one by one to find the culprit software that conflicts with Toolset.

With this information I will be able to create a compatibility task for the developers.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.