Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Style conflicts with Bootstrap and 3rd Party Plugins or Themes.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 52 replies, has 12 voices.

Last updated by CharlesB2907 5 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

@farrelm
Thanks, this Bug has also been reported by other users and the Developers are fixing it.

@ajj6986
If the Theme you use does not come with Bootstrap then either you should load it with Toolset, or not at all.
I could suspect the Theme uses some classes that Bootstrap also uses, the same as happens between DIVI and Toolset.

To confirm this, I have split your ticket into a new one where we will ask some more details and handle this issue.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/total-theme-conflicts-with-toolset/

@craigh-4
The same here, I have split the ticket.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/avada-globals-conflicts-with-toolset-bootstrap/

@francisco_ramonm5108
I do understand, and aslo have forwarded your concerns again to the Management and Developers.

I will update this ticket here, with news, as soon I have some.

I'd like to second on this fix as well. I like DIVI, and as it is one of the most used theme, basic things like full width for templates really should be supported.

Another month has passed and we are still without news about these problems.
Any advance in these problems?
This way I can not work with Toolset. 🙁
If you are not going to solve the problem tell me and I will request a refund of my money.
Best regards,
Francisco R.

There is no update on this in form of a Plugin Update just now.

I escalated this issue and presented the reason and it's possible workarounds, which are all to do on the conflict of CSS.

There are problems doing this, as elaborated, you cannot just overwrite DIVI's CSS - it won't help anything.
This is for example because "container" is used.

So then you could customize Bootstrap, use custom classes and then apply that to the Toolset core.
With this, we would not ship anymore a default native Bootstrap library, which means we would modify the probably biggest framework out there.
Not a good idea either.

So, our idea is to solve this as far we can with a custom CSS sheet that would b loaded (probably this would need to be decided manually) when DIVI and Toolset are active.

As said, this can't solve all issues, that are due to simple conflicts which cannot be solved with simple CSS overwrites.

I know that this is known now since months, but I cannot do anything to change this.

I can provide yo CSS (which also is mostly already available thru workarounds presented in this Forum). But this will not solve all issues, as they are not solvable logically, as you understand according the previous explanations.

We just discussed this recently and I stressed that while you can solve some, you can not solve all the issues.
And this is because we both use the same CSS classes, but apply different styles on those classes.

I will query with my team mates and leaders if we can provide a fully working (as far it's possible) CSS solution that we can ship to you an other users.

The problem remains, this will not solve all the issues, as the above and previous writings explain.

Please await my update here by next week.

I hope you tell me something next week.
Good weekend Beda.
Best regards,
Francisco R.

Beda.
The week has passed and you have not told me anything about this matter.

Yes, and I have some news.

1. Users using Toolset and Divi should not use Toolset Layouts (I think this is clear anyway, just mentioning it).

2. Clients using Toolset and Divi should disable Bootstrap loading. If possible, Toolset should do this automatically.

We are doing some development work here that could for example set the bootstrap loading automatically to "none" if DIVI is active.

3. After the tests are complete, we will see if and how much additional styling users need/miss.
If possible, Toolset should then enqueue this small CSS stylesheet automatically.

But, I can tell you already, as I stated earlier, only few basic issues can be solved with CSS overwrites.

4. After this, we will update the main documentation page for Divi with a short section that explains this and how it works.

It is already stated that Layout should not be used, but we will ensure that when you activate Toolset, you see no design difference.
We will achieve this mainly by not loading g Bootstrap Styles.

The remaining single issues will be loaded with our own CSS Style Sheet if necessary.

Since this Theme DIVI is not Bootstrap Compatible, it should not be used with this framework.

I will update soon with the final solution of the eventually remaining issues after we disable Bootstrap on DIVI sites.

Beda,
But then, without bootstrap, does it mean that you are going to give a CSS for button styles, inputs, dropdowns, lists, forms, pagination, breadcrumb, tables, columns in archive pages, ... compatible with DIVI?

Beda,
Any progress with these problems?
Since the beginning of this ticket 3 and a half months have passed, however, the problems come from further back.
I think it is time to give a solution.

I'm sorry, this ticket somehow stayed in "Waiting for user confirmation".

We are about to publish a DOC for this, next week.

The main solution is as stated initially to not load Bootstrap.
There will be more details on how to proceed with the upcoming doc.

I will link to it here once I have it.

I do not understand what your thoughts are.
Do you think that a person may be waiting so long to make a website?
The support you have given with this problem is terrible.
You do not put yourself in the skin of the one who is waiting for a solution.
Please, provide a viable solution for this problem because otherwise it is impossible to work correctly with Toolset and DIVI.
I hope it is a viable solution otherwise it is better that you make a refund of my money. 🙁

It was clear since the begin, the Bootstrap is not working out well with DIVI.

What we tried here, is to create a way to solve this by still using Bootstrap and not changing the design or behaviour.

This is not possible.

Hence, the solution is to disable Bootstrap in a DIVI site.

In the DOC that we will publish we will also show how to bring back a few essential bootstrap features.

I suggest that once that DOC is online, I share it here and you can evaluate it if it fits the needs of your projects with DIVI and Toolset.

The details will be elaborated in that DOC which is the results of several different tests and approaches.

For refunds, I cannot respond here, but you can always use this form here:
https://toolset.com/need-help-toolset/

Okay. Thanks Beda. I will evaluate that DOC.

Beda,
When will the document be available?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.