Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Suggestions as to how to move data from post fields to user fields

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Chris 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

HI,

I have a group of custom post fields with data in.

I would like to move those fields and their data so they are stored as user fields (where the data is added to the user who is the author of the post)

Any suggestions as to how I can do this? The way I can think of so far is to export the data as a csv and then re-import it. Does that make sense?

Thanks

Chris

Dear Chris,

You are right, it needs other plugins, for example, and there isn't such a built-in feature within Toolset plugins.

You can export those post fields into a CSV file, manually edit and setup it, then import it as custom user fields, here is a document about "How to Import Content into WordPress Using CSV Files":
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/how-to-import-content-into-wordpress-using-csv/

In above document, it recommended some CSV plugins you can try.

Many thanks for the clarification and link.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.