Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Support, I would like to place a slider in each ad listing that shows a feature

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
Display Featured image and Additional images (types Repeating Image Field) in a slider, uploaded through CRED form.

Solution:
Please note Toolset does not offer this out of the box at moment, this is a custom workaround that you will need to use and modify at your own. You can create image slider. Please download Module manager and install FlexSlider module: https://toolset.com/home/module-manager/?category=slider-2

Related: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/flexslider-from-module-manager-docs/#post-358695
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/inserting-slider/#post-278493

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Charles 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

[ Changing status ]

5. The location header is now above the flexslider.
==> Where would you like to place the Location field?
====>Below the flexslider thumbnails as before. (reason below)

6. The placeholder image that was original below location is now gone or is being overlapped by the slider.
==> I removed that from Content Template thinking that it was some sample image. I can re-add that from your original View but I am not sure what would be purpose of this placeholder in this case, can you please explain on this?
====> The sample image is a placeholder for a map. The Location header will display the sellers city/state/zip and the placeholder image will display a map with the motorcycles location.

The flexslider is looking better.
==>Is it possible to have the nav arrows aligned middle on either side of the slider? Can they be styled?
==>Can we add padding around the thumbnails as it was before?

Thank you,
Chuck

Noman
Supporter

Okay got it, I am going to try these and let you know.

I have disabled CDN and cache plugins as they cause trouble during development. If possible for you, please put Cloudflare CDN into development mode for now, you can find this option in cloudflare control panel.

Thanks

Development mode is on. It states it will expire in 3 hours.

Thanks,
Chuck

Noman
Supporter

I have made all updates, please check and I hope slider is looking good now:
hidden link

Thanks

This looks great! I'll play around with it to tweak it a little more and reach out if I need further assistance.

Thank you!

Noman,

I spoke to soon. The main slider is no longer showing. The only thing I did was update the prompt on the left wide of the page which contains the asking price and contact seller button. Not sure what the problem is because the raw content is still in its place with the proper code?

Thanks,
Chuck

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

You have reverted all the settings and changes I have made earlier. I have again set all the things and now it is working fine: hidden link

Please take a backup first and then do the changes, so that if you lost anything you can recover that from backup.

Thank you

Thanks Noman. I haven't touched the settings since you fixed them. I need the slider to also show the featured image. Right now it's only showing the additional images.

Thanks,
Chuck

Picture1.png

I'm also having trouble with image alignment and quality.

See attachment and this post: hidden link

The attachment shows the alignment issue, which can also be seen when scrolling through the flex slider from the first to second image.

The images throughout the flexslider are blurry. Is there a way to increase the quality? It seems as if they're on a medium setting, but should be on a large.

Thanks,
Chuck

Noman
Supporter

Hello,

I have fixed the second image by increasing its width and height. Make sure the images you have uploaded should be high quality and should not be smaller than width="770" height="510" because it is size for each image described in slider.

The images throughout the flexslider are blurry. Is there a way to increase the quality?
>> The images are exactly same in slider (not blurry) as it is in media library, if you want to increase the quality then you must upload the images in high quality.

Thank you

Thank Noman. The image height looks much better.

The featured images are still not showing in the flexslider. Is this broken?

Thanks,
Chuck

Noman
Supporter

The featured images are still not showing in the flexslider. Is this broken?

==> Do you mean Featured Images of the post? Those will not be shown in this flexslider neither it was expected with this slider, this slider can only work with the Images added in the "Repeated custom image field". And featured image + custom filed images cannot be merged together at all.

Wow, if it's true that featured image + custom field (additional images in this case) can not be merged into the same slider, than my project will take a major step back.

What would the work around and how come the two can't be merged?

Noman
Supporter

Luckily I got it working using this shortcode:

For slide: [wpv-post-featured-image size="slider-slide"]
For thumbnail: [wpv-post-featured-image size="slider-thumb"]

Now Featured Image is also visible in slider: hidden link

If you have any further issues, please open a new ticket for that and we will handle it. Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.