Skip Navigation

[Resolved] term field loop or other solution

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by Jim 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Jim

I have a custom post type created: 'products' and I face three problems:

A product comes in one of three types: a course, a webinar, or a program.

Q1:
On the archive page, only the program should have a 'read more' link to it's program detail page.
When it's a course or a webinar it should be a button with a custom link to an external page (which can be set through one of the fields of this post type).

So I guess I need to do a If - then - else check or something.
Can you help me how to acomplish this?

Q2:
The products post type has two fields that I would like to fill from another source:
Tutor(s): I want to be able to select for example with checkboxes who the tutors(s) is/are.
I thought I found the solution by creating a taxonomy, and extended this tax. with term the fields image and linkedin profile link.

How can I display the tutors with the image and name and linkedin link alltogether?

I can loop loop the name but not the related termfields...

Q3:
I want to be able to include downloads to the program: a thumbnail, a title and the file (to download).

But I want it to be flexible to enter just one or more downloads.
Is there a way to loop this and enter more that one download and being able to display these downloads..?

Is there a similar example that we can see?
The current website that I am building is build woth another tool. Now I have to recreate this hopefully with toolset!

The archive page is: hidden link
The productpage is: hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hope to hear from you soon.
Thnx!
Jim

Jim

Q3 is solved because I found out that the client always needs two files so no need for a loop here!

Jim

Found the answert to Q2!
I created a view and there I was able to loop through the term fields 🙂

Now only Q1

How can I conditionaly display a button to the product or a link to another website..?

Jim

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.