Skip Navigation

[Closed] Terms for fields not saving WPML

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ivan 11 years, 10 months ago.

Author

Hi I have this problem form my clients web site.

Default language is Croatian, so I've set up custom fields group for Hotels and Apartments category. Also I've setup group to show on POSTS with TERMS "Hotels and apartments" category. I did this for Croatain and English.

But the problem is when I set TERMS to be category "Hotels and Apartments" in Croatian, it removes the term from the english version of custom fields and vice versa.

So the end result is that I'm not getting Custom fields on one language. Hotels and Apartments category is translated, and all the fields are set to "Copy from original".

Please help

Dear Ivan,

It's probably a WPML issue. But I'm not exactly sure if you have the problem with custom fields or taxonomy. Can you please clarify?

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Cardidaz,

thanx for your reply. Well I have problems with the terms in my custom fields group. It won't save. Right now when I go to Custom fields > Group name and click edit. In the box "Where to display this group" it says
"Post Types: Posts" which is OK, but under that it says "Terms: Not selected". If I select the terms in my English version those custom fields will work fine for English. But now if I go to Croatian version of the same custom field group I get "Terms: Not selected", and if I select Terms here they will be deselected in English version and so on.

Bottom line, I cant get custom fields to work in both languages.

Dear Ivan,

Thanks for the better explanation. I was able to reproduce the issue.
I have raised a ticket for the developers to take care. Keep an eye on next release.

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Thanks Caridadz,

just one more thing that I forgot to mention, this was working ok before, problems started when I upgraded to new version of WPML earlier today. So maybe the problem really is in WPML. Maybe that would also be useful information for developers.

Thanks again.

The topic ‘[Closed] Terms for fields not saving WPML’ is closed to new replies.