Skip Navigation

[Resolved] This view is only visible after page refresh, not on initial load

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_2.png

I am trying to: display a view

I visited this URL: hidden link or hidden link

I expected to see: a list of names and photos below the Name dropdown

Instead, I got: empty space

Sometimes, at first visit to this page, there is a lot of empty space below the names dropdown. Only after you refresh the page does the View display the names and images.
The info is already in the html source, but the "wpv-view-layout-12427-TCPID12481" is set to visibility:hidden.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

console errors.png

Hi Kristof,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

1. I have also noticed that your site is using Cloudflare CDN. Please delete all sort of caches on your site or CDN / server cache if any / plugin (W3 total cache) / browser cache and then see if it resolves the issue afterwards.

2. I noticed there are JS errors in the browser console, please see attached screenshot. Please try to fix this error first.

3. Could you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

Thank you

1. we have cleared all sorts of caches: this did not resolve the issue
2. we do not see these JS errors in our console
3. we will first need to duplicate this site to a staging environment, but we don't have the time now.

We notice that the issue is currently only in French, not in Dutch or English, so the chance that this is a theme or plugin issue is very small.

Noman
Supporter

Ok then this might be due to translation issue, can you please deactivate WPML and see if the View runs fine on that page? Re-creating the translation page also helps in such cases. Ofcourse you would do that on your staging site.

Please Enable WordPress debugging in your site and look for any errors on the page or in error_log file: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/

If problem still occurs, I would need to request for temporary WP and FTP login info for your staging site. Thank you

Hi,
We have created a staging on hidden link but we are unable to reproduce the issue there. It is however on the same VPS, some it cannot be a server setting.

Errors are being logged, but we don't see any entries that might be related to this. We have now deleted the log and refreshed the live page (which does not show the view) and no new entries are being written to the debug.log.

Do you have any idea who/what adds

style="visibility:hidden;"

to the div.wpv-view-layout-12427-TCPID12481 ?
When the View is displayed, this becomes visibility: visible;

Noman
Supporter

Hello Kristof,

Looks like your view or it filters is broken on the live site somehow, sometimes it can happen when Views filters are not saved or updated completely. Can you please try to create a new View with same settings and use this new View in your page.

Please let me know how it goes.
Thank you

Hi, same problem with this new view.
Site has been online for several months and we have not touched this View since it was created. So thinking it might be because it was not saved or updated properly does not apply here.

Noman
Supporter

Hello Kristof,

1. Please deactivate and then reactivate Toolset plugins, and check if it resolves the issue.

2. It is necessary to first check any issue in minimal environment, so it would be great if you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

3. If the same view is working fine (with same theme, plugins etc) on the staging site, then can it be possible to move the staging site to live site?

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.