[Waiting for user feedback] Toolset Access Kompatibilitätsproblem zu WordPress SEO (Yoast) Plugin

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christian Cox 1 week, 5 days ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Christian Cox.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author

Hallo,

ich habe eine Inkompatibilität zwischen dem sehr weit verbreiteten Plugin WordPress SEO (hidden link) und der neuesten Version von Toolset Access (2.4.3.2) entdeckt:

Mit Access habe ich einen custom post type für eine bestimmte Rolle freigegeben. Sobald ich im WordPress Admin Menu auf den Post Typ klicke, bekomme ich für Benutzer mit der entsprechenden Rolle die Post Liste angezeigt. Mit WordPress SEO 3.4.2 funktioniert das ohne Probleme.

Sobald ich auf die Version 3.5 oder später von WordPress SEO update bekomme ich nur noch die Fehlermeldung: "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

Woran kann das liegen? Wie kann ich den Fehler beheben?

Ich kann Ihnen leider keinen Zugang zu unserem System gewähren.

Viele Grüße,

Johannes Schwenk

Christian Cox
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English )

Supporter Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Hello, our German language support team is unavailable right now. If you would like to discuss this issue in English, I will be glad to help. If not, please be aware that our German team will return tomorrow.

Hi,

I did some research, here is what I found out:

Basics
Theme: Twenty Sixteen
Wordpress Version: 3.8.4

Plugin config A (Working config):
Toolset Access (2.5.3.2)
Toolset Types (2.2.21)
WP User Avatar (2.0.9)
Yoast SEO (3.4.2)

Plugin config B (Error):
Toolset Access (2.5.3.2)
Toolset Types (2.2.21)
WP User Avatar (2.0.9)
Yoast SEO (3.5 or bigger, tested up to 6.0)

What to to
1) Create a custom post type with Toolset Types
2) Give a user role (e.g. Author) the right to access/edit this custom post type with Access Plugin
3) User with the role has admin access with Plugin config A, but not with Plugin config B. With Plugin config B he gets the error "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" instead of the post list

What I found out
Error is triggered in WP User Avatar Plugin:
hidden link

Line 99: wp_die(__('You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.'));

Plugin Links:
https://wp-types.com/home/types-access/
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I created threads in the other plugin authors forum, too:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/incompatibility-between-wordpress-seo-and-types-access/
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/incompatibility-with-toolset-access-and-wordpress-seo/

Christian Cox
Forum moderator

I am trying to replicate your setup, but when I try to activate Twenty Sixteen I see the following error:

Twenty Sixteen requires at least WordPress version 4.4. You are running version 3.8.4. Please upgrade and try again.

Is the problem resolved if you upgrade to the latest version of WordPress?

Argh, sorry, i`m using WordPress version 4.8.3 of course 🙂

Christian Cox
Forum moderator

I assume you mean Toolset Access 2.4.3.2, not 2.5.3.2.

I have set up config B with Yoast SEO 6.1.1, and Authors are able to edit a CPT successfully. Please check Toolset > Access Control > Post Types and make sure the native WP "Posts" post type is managed by Access, as well as your CPT.

I am attaching screenshots of my permissions in Access, and the CPT posts list screen. Can you tell me how your Access settings are different from mine?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)