Skip Navigation

[Resolved] two sliders on page not working

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have a home page set up in vertical sections in this order:

header, HERO, as seen in, recent projects, FROM THE SHOP, from the blog, about, instagram feed, footer.

The HERO and FROM THE SHOP were both built in views and utilizing the slider function. Problem is: I can't get them to both work properly on the same page. They work as designed if they are the only one on the page, but when I put them both on, either they won't work at all (gets stuck on first slide) or the "from the shop" slider just disappears from the page altogether once it passes the first slide.

Is there a way to fix?

Thanks so much.

Hi,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, Since you are using some other plugins and custom theme in your website, in case there is any compatibility problem, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) Disable/Remove the custom JS codes in both slider views, and test again.
3) Check if there is any JS error in the problem page, if there is please copy/paste them here
4) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, also point out the problem page URL and view URLs, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

HI - Sorry for the delay. I'm not getting the "private" feedback box. I'll send you my staging site once I do.

Thanks,

I enabled the private detail box, please check as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/two-sliders-on-page-not-working/#post-607862

I can't tell if my private reply went through. Let me know if it didn't.
EDIT: I see that it did now.

Thanks for details, I can login your website, will feedback if there is anything found

Here are what I found, the URL you mentioned above is archive page of Home-blog, normal view won't work as expected in the archive page, so I suggest you try this:
1) create a wordpress page, and put those view shortcodes into the page, for example:
hidden link

<h2>hero-slider-no-text</h2>
[wpv-view name="hero-slider-no-text"]

<h2>shop-slider</h2>
[wpv-view name="shop-slider"]

<h2>portfolio-home</h2>
[wpv-view name="portfolio-home"]

<h2>blog-home</h2>
[wpv-view name="blog-home"]

I have tried to put all 4 view's shortcodes into above page, it works fine in the front-end:
hidden link

You will need to style it as what you want.

2) and setup above page as the website Homepage:
hidden link

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.