I use the theme Moesia and have installed their demo content to build a quicke page.
Everything seems to work fine, except "Services".
“Add New” and “Categories” are okay, but when I click “All Items” an error message (404) appears. So I neither can update/change the demo-content, nor can I update my own newly added services.
Any idea why this doesn’t work? It's quite frustrating, as everything else is pretty easy to adjust.
Hi, can you share a download URL where I can find the demo content you are referring to? I downloaded content from their site, but it does not seem to include the "Services" custom post type.
Here are a couple of troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Resave your site's permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and clicking "Save". Retest.
- Temporarily disable non-Toolset plugins and enable a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. Retest.
- I would like to see if your WordPress installation is registering any errors. You can see how to enable debug logging here: https://wp-types.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-toolset/
Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':
Then try to click the "All items" link again. This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents. Once that is done, you can revert the updates you made to wp-config.php.
I finally found out the there is a conflict with Jetpack. I can't run both at the same time, which is pretty frustrating as I need both of them on the page. There is also an error message while updating pages when Jetpack is activated.
I finally found out the there is a conflict with Jetpack.
- Okay, so you're saying that if you disable Jetpack the problem is resolved?
There is also an error message while updating pages when Jetpack is activated.
- What is the error message?
- What "page" are you referring to - a WordPress Page post type, or a Service post, or something else?
I was able to find the demo content you were referring to here: hidden link
I installed this demo content and activated the following plugins:
SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle 1.9.3
Toolset Types 2.2.13
WP Importer 0.6.3
I'm not experiencing the same 404 error you mentioned here, and my list of Services shows up:
I'm also not experiencing an error when creating / editing a page, so I will need your help to understand the issue.
- Can you tell me what steps you took after installing the site demo content?
- Did you make any changes in the Jetpack settings?
- Are you using the latest version of Jetpack (5.1)?
- Can you follow the troubleshooting steps I outlined above and provide me with the error log so I can investigate further?
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
The topic ‘[Closed] Type plugin services: all items – error 404’ is closed to new replies.