Skip Navigation

[Closed] Types and ACF conflict

This support ticket is created 7 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by vaughanS 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

ACF fields are not editable in the backend because I get a ''Uncaught ReferenceError: acf is not defined’' error. Narrowed it down to the fact that it is not loading the wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/js/input.min.js' file.

In the toolset.assets.manager.class.php file there's this code

/**
		 * For compatibility with ACF Plugin that's not using the right handle for this module (wp-event-manager)
		 * we are using ACF handle to prevent unwanted overrides of window.wp.hooks namespace (******!)
		 */
		$this->scripts['acf-input']									= new Toolset_Script(
                                                                                'acf-input',
																				$this->assets_url . "/res/lib/events-manager/event-manager.min.js", 
																				array(), 
																				'1.0', 
																				true
																			);

That is causing the issue. If I comment out that section in the plugin code then the problem is resolved. Same if I manually enqueue the missing ACF input.min.js file.

Just to confirm that I've also experienced this issue on sites where I'm using both Types and ACF, which is proving confusing to clients because blocks of ACF fields don't load or, if they do, then the WYSIWYG field offers only text display rather than Visual.

I'm currently using the fix supplied by Ben above, commenting out the problematic code, but obviously not ideal since it's not update-proof.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Vaughan,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Thanks for sharing your workaround and i'll let our developers know 🙂

Could you let me know if this occurs when you just have ACF and Types installed?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane - Yes, I can confirm that I deactivated all plugins other than ACF and Types and the issue still occurred.

Thanks,
Vaughan

The topic ‘[Closed] Types and ACF conflict’ is closed to new replies.