Skip Navigation

[Closed] Types and QTranslate?

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Simon 11 years, 9 months ago.

Author

Can I use the Types plugin and have my custom fields (created by Types) translated by using the qTranslate plugin?

Dear Bente,

This topic has a very complete answer about your question:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/types-views-admin-not-working-when-i-install-the-web-site-on-other-server/#post-2691

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Well, you could have given a shorter answer: No.

FYI: Types works well with qTranslate on my current site. I have no issues.
Resolved the Custom Fields issue by creating an extra field for the second language and coded in the template so that the correct CF is shown.

Amir
Supporter

There's no reason for Types not to work with qTranslate. If you're OK with adding the language shortcodes everywhere, qTranslate will filter the correct language. Make never to use these shortcodes in slugs or custom field names.

the only thing qtranslate won't work with is wysiwyg fields. Qtranslate hijacks all of the tinymce fields. After it has done this, Types then goes through and adds its own wysiwyg fields with tinymce can't deal with because qtranslate has messed with tinymce. It's not REALLY Types's fault... but it doesn't work.

The topic ‘[Closed] Types and QTranslate?’ is closed to new replies.