Skip Navigation

[Closed] [types] error after change site place

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 11 years, 11 months ago.

Author

I change my place site to the root of the server, so after this, I can´t upload anymore any image with older types custom field created. If I create new, no problem. But this make some problems. If you edit a image old custom field, this post loses the image (broken link). I´ve already tried to turn off and on the plugin, reinstall, reinstall wordpress again, but nothing helps. I installed debug system to help to know what helps. Without it, I can see in edit panel of post in the window to upload, the "http error" with this problem in console:

POST <em><u>hidden link</u></em> 500 (Internal Server Error)
Gplupload.html5.js:1
Bplupload.html5.js:1
wplupload.html5.js:1
j.runtimes.Html5.j.addRuntime.init.p.bind.tplupload.html5.js:1
g.Uploader.g.extend.triggerplupload.js:2
splupload.js:2
g.Uploader.g.extend.startplupload.js:2
uploader_inithandlers.js:1
g.Uploader.g.extend.triggerplupload.js:2
oplupload.html5.js:1
j.runtimes.Html5.j.addRuntime.init.p.bind.E.onchange

In the post in frontend link, I see other erros, but any problem with image and relation with this.

hidden link

I don´t know why but any file error_log.txt was created in my root site.

obs: I can upload and put image in post without types. Only to show that upload sustym is running ok out of plugin.

I don´t know if the place to post problems is here, but In other forum I received the message that is support to anyone who bought the views plugin.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi Carlos,

Please post support requests to our support forum - https://toolset.com/forums/forum/support-2/
You'll need to buy a license for Views. This helps us pay for development of Types and to provide support.

Best regards,
Bruce.

I need to know if my problem will be fix. I reinstalled my site, but any product that I put before change the path, if I edit it, try to put a new image and save, I lose all info about it. The type custom field become empty. I know that a problem in database. I change it to resolve the problem with the change path server, and I can fix it (the site appears ok without broken link) but old products have problems with type fields....

Amir
Supporter

Sounds like the image URLs need changing in the post-meta table. I'll write a FAQ page that explains how to migrate a site from one domain to the other.

I tried to change this paths in mysql database but without good results. Can you give me a support paid to fix it in my site? The client has already put many content and now if he changes anything, lose all content of each product with Types custom fields.

Amir
Supporter

Have a look here:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-do-i-migrate-a-wordpress-site-from-one-domain-to-the-other/

It explains the exact steps for that and there's also a link to a plugin which should be able to do the entire job for you.

Will it resolve the problem with a database with paths already changed manually?

Amir
Supporter

That really depends on what you already changed. I would strongly suggest to backup your DB and try this. Then, you can see what else remains. Make sure that your backup allows you to go back.

Are there a way to you fix it to me with a paid support? I really don´t want to change anything in database anymore in this project, and I really upset with client call me many things wrong about my work. Can you help me? I will give any information that you need and I know to fix it.

Thanks a lot.

Amir
Supporter

I'm checking with our support folks to see how loaded they are and I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

If you want, I can send the sql file to can see the problem. Thanks a lot.

Sent, thanks!

Dear Carlos,

The search and replace you did for replacing the old url with the new one has corrupted serialized arrays in the database. Do you have the original dump from the old site?

This may not be the real problem, but it will help me discard this issue.

On the other hand, i imported your dump and i defined WP_HOME and WP_SITEURL constants and uploading worked first time.

Regards,
Caridad

The topic ‘[Closed] error after change site place’ is closed to new replies.