Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable to install the Views Demo Downloader plugin

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 16 voices.

Last updated by Srdjan 11 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

When I install the zipped Views Demo Downloader plugin (views-demo.0.1), I get a "This plugin does not have a valid header" error.

When I unzip the file and install the plugin manually, upon activation I get two error messages:

1. Connecting to hidden link failed
2. Configuration data is corrupted

I'm installing it on fresh WordPress site on my server and have tried it multiple times but keep getting the same errors.

Anyone else having this problem? If not, any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

I have the same problem. Any suggestions?

Tried installing Views Demo Downloader. Got the "Plug in does not have valid header" message. Uploaded it manually. Then after downloading the "views_base-magazine" zip file, when I attempted to install the theme, I got other error message: Installation failed, needs styles.css. Since I had unpacked the file on my local drive, I could upload that file manually (wp-content > themes > views_base-magazine). Now, in the Themes screen of WP, I am told "The parent theme is missing. Please install the 'basetheme' parent theme." I thought I just did that. Try it again. Nope.

I tried to start over by deleting the folder "views_base-magazine". Did it. Tried again. No luck.

I have not tried this as of yet but it looks like a plugin more than a theme.
Also in the Blog, it states that it will not run unless it is installed in a fresh install of WordPress.
I have not tried this out as of yet but I will setup a fresh install and try this out. I will see how this goes.

Dear users,

We are aware of the problem and looking into a fix. Well get back to you soon.

Regards,
Caridad

OK everyone. I just tried this and I'm not sure how but it worked for me.
On a clean install, I installed this plugin first and tried to activate it & got the same error about invalid header.
I backed up the browser and looked at my installed plugins. The Views demo plugin is there.
I for curiosity sake took a look at the file via the edit function. Looked in the file a bit and went back to the main plugins screen.
For fun, I tried to activate the plugin again. This time it activated and I got the download interface!! I'm going to see if that functions as expected!
I know that this was not very "scientific" on getting mine to work but maybe this might help some others to get it to work correctly. The WP I installed was version 3.4.1

So far everything seems OK except when I try and activate the WooCommerce plugin. My fresh installation is flagging a error. Going to post the error in just a moment and see what is going on.

Amir
Supporter

Folks. There have been a few unrelated problems that look similar. Please give us a day to go over everything and we'll update you here. If you subscribe to notifications, you'll get an email from this thread.

Sorry for the glitches. We'll get it working for everyone very soon.

Mine got stuck on downloading the theme and never finished.

I got the same issue as Chris. It stops while downloading the theme with the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wpv_admin_import_settings() in /Users/martinayon/Documents/Websites/www.types.dev/wp-content/plugins/views-demo/includes/import.php on line 335

*** Update to my previous post ***
After creating a BRAND NEW CLEAN INSTALLATION of WordPress, I was able to install and run the Magazine example. However, the database was pre-populated with tons of spam comments and a funny post type called: "Guitar" a strange name for a post type in a magazine theme.

Anyway, it seems that you need to have a clean install per demo which is annoying but I guess they do it in lieu of possible production data overwrites.

@chris
Do you use Views-Demo with Types and Views active?
Can you make sure that you're using:
Views 1.1.2-b2 (BETA)
Types 1.0.4
Views-Demo 0.1.1

@martin
Your demo installation finished?
Did you upgrade Views-Demo to 0.1.1 before it succeeded?

I never managed to install the plugin... Any idea on this ?

@srdjan I believe the most important element is to have a CLEAN install of WordPress and yes, I did upgrade to 0.1.1 before attempting the new install. The demo install completed successfully and I was able to view the actual site.

Amir
Supporter

That's correct. Our demo downloader will only work on clean installs. If you tried running it before and had problems, you should try from scratch and with the current version of the downloader.

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to install the Views Demo Downloader plugin’ is closed to new replies.