Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable to install the Views Demo Downloader plugin

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 16 voices.

Last updated by Srdjan 11 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

I succeeded in installing the plugin, but I get this error when trying to activate it:
"The plugin does not have a valid header."

Can you try activating it manually?
We'll see to correct that error when using auto installation.

Just purchased wp-views and wanted to see the demo.
The Version 0.1.2 installer stalls after;
Downloading and importing Posts and Images... 134 of 134
on my fresh wp localhost installI...
wp-views v:1.1.2

It is stalling on the 4. downloading theme... on multiple computers. I started with a clean install and the latest plugins from the website.

@cemcildir
After importing posts there are sometimes other processes in progress. Did you manage to finish installation?

@sage
If something went wrong with theme download - you should see some message.
Can you set WP_Debug constant to TRUE in wp-config.php and see if there is some new error output?

Thanks

@srdjan @all
I have solved the issue by setting the
max_execution_time to a higher value in php.ini.
ex: (max_execution_time =6000)
This worked bc I am testing Views on my localhost machine and have access
to my php.ini file.On shared hosts you may not be able to tweak the values directly but use the .htacces file
and put:
php_value max_execution_time 6000
After installing the demo you can change the value back to it's original value.
Hope this helps somebody.
Cheers

We have set_time_limit(0) in code but on some hosts it can't be changed.

This is the error I am getting:
Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in D:\Apache\htdocs\intranet\views\wp-content\plugins\views-demo\includes\import.php on line 438

Thank you for the help,
Sage

You should have enabled ZIP extension to unpack downloaded files.
We'll add warning about that.

Dan

Greetings,

I've had a series of the problems usually listed here activating the plugin. After trying more than once the plugin activated. Now it gags on installing the magazine demo.

I have installed views 1.1.2, types 1.0.4 and views-demo 0.1.3. After activating the plugin I goto views-demo->Magazine->download. It gets stuck on the 2nd step "downloading and importing posts and images...". I can see it created a few custom post types, but there is no content imported into those types and there is nothing in the media folder.

I've tried a few things over again, but it always gets stuck here. Any suggestions?

Dear Dan,

Try enabling WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php and see if you get an error message displayed.
Make sure you are running with a fresh wordpress database.

Regards,
Caridad

Please remember that your plugin is directed at novice WP users - I am not an expert at manually changing WP.

I started with a clean install of WP.

I installed the view-demo plugin (BTW it would help if you mentioned it was a PLUGIN in your documentation - my first assumption was that it was a theme and that messed it up, but I cleared the directory and started fresh)

The plugin seemed to install correctly until I activated it and then I got the dreaded:

The plugin does not have a valid header.
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, cgiadmin@yourhostingaccount.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please let me know IN VERY SIMPLE CLEAR STEPS what I should do now ("manually activate the plugin" does not mean anything to me).

Ok - so I went to my plugin menu and clicked ACTIVATE and it seems to have worked this time except now I get this error"

Required plugins:

AP Extended Mime Types Installation not found!

You cannot download this demo because the following plugins are not activated:
AP Extended Mime Types

I installed AP Extended Mime Types plugin and at this point it looks like I can start the tutorial.

Nope - not working - sigh - but I have posted elsewhere on this.

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to install the Views Demo Downloader plugin’ is closed to new replies.