Skip Navigation

[Closed] Unable to install the Views Demo Downloader plugin

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 33 replies, has 16 voices.

Last updated by Srdjan 11 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Are you getting this problem addressed in another thread? If so would you mind closing this thread. If not I will try to stir up someone to continue helping.

I am no longer interested in downloading the demo. Figured out what I needed without it.
Thread can be closed, as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks
NickD

I did a brand new WordPress install, and installed the Demo Plugin and got the "This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number" error.

Here's a screenshot: hidden link

I checked possible reasons and until now I found few:

1. WP version you're using don't match WP version from which XML is exported (our ref site runs on WP Version 3.4.2)
2. PHP safe_mode can cause this error on some servers
3. Encoding issues on Windows

Can you say which WP version you use and other system info?

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Unable to install the Views Demo Downloader plugin’ is closed to new replies.