Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Upload images to post body without giving access to Media Library

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user wanted to allow his customers to upload images to the post body when creating a post but doesn't want them to have access to the media library.

Solution:

Unfortunately this is not possible with our Plugin because a user isn't allowed to upload items to the site if they do not have access to the media gallery.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by elizabethC-2 6 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 13.41.34.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 13.40.58.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 13.37.50.jpg

I am trying to:
Let users add pictures to post body from front-end, without giving the user access to Media Library files.

Currently I have checked the
"Allow Media Insert button in Post Content Rich Text Editor", however, even this button does not appear on the front-end form.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Actually it will show up on the frontend but only to users with who are editors and above.

Users who don't have editor privileges won't be able to have access to the media library.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks for you reply.

So how can I enable users to add images to post, when they are submitting a post?

Thanks,
S

Shane
Supporter

Hi Agirs,

To do this you will need to use our Types plugin and create a custom field for the image.

Then add that newly created custom field to the form by going to Add Post Fields and click custom fields and then add your custom field to the form.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane,

Thanks for this, however, this does not solve it, as what I'm trying to achieve is to enable contributors to insert photos directly into the post.

Faithfully,
Scott

Shane
Supporter

Hi Agirs,

As mentioned this won't be possible due to the permission restrictions on the contributors account imposed by wordpress.

Thanks,
Shane

I see.
Just for the record - there is a plugin (name of which I'm happy to share in DM), which allows this. In fact, I'm sure there are multiple for what it's worth.

I would strongly suggest looking at it and perhaps implementing that in Toolset, as for now I am still trying to decide which plugin to go with.

While Toolset seems to be highly promising some small, but vitally important features, such as the one discussed above, will ultimately be deciding factor for which plugin to choose.

Best regards,
S

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

There is a workaround to this however, You should be able to create your own custom subscriber role and give them permissions to access this using our Access plugin as it allows you to create your own customized roles.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thanks,
Shane

Unfortunately, this solution would also grant them access to the whole Media Library, correct?

If so, this would sadly not work.

Shane
Supporter

Hello,

Yes that is correct 🙁

Please let me know if there are any further queries on this one.

Thanks,
Shane

Thank you for your answers!
That's all from me Shane, have a great day!

S

I don't see how to leave a DM (maybe I haven't had enough coffee yet) but would you mind saying what plugin you used for this so users don't have access to the media library when uploading images. I need to do this for a site and haven't found a good way to do it. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.