Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Using any related products shordcodes output only text

This support ticket is created 6 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shane 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author
Schermata 2017-07-14 alle 17.42.15.JPG
Schermata 2017-07-14 alle 17.46.25.JPG

I am trying to:

Show related products on my single product page.

I visited this URL:

aikgiordano.com

I expected to see:

my related products with images

Instead, I got:

only text and excerpt of related products, the only shortcode working (just showing 3 items). For the moment I activated the only relative product shortcode working, cause the site is live, but I can replicate the sitei n a staging area if needed.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Raphael,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Could you set this up on a test site so that I can have a look ? Also you can provide the credentials in the private fields for you next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raphael,

So the issue is that there are only 3 related products showing right ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Also, Taking a look at the site again I was able to see the related product images not just the text.

As a small test could you temporarily disable all your non-toolset plugins as sometimes plugin conflicts can bring about issues like these.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

yes there is only one shortcode working, but shows only 3 related product and there is something wrong with css.

But under that there are also the other shortcodes, which are not working, I will deactivate the section with the shortcode who works partially, so we can focus on the ones not working at all.

Today I tested plugins, deactivating those one by one, but still realted product don't display correclty.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raphael,

As mentioned in this thread https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-wpv-shosrtcode-not-being-outputted-correctly-into-condition/#post-550395

I would like to try that before proceeding further. Thank you for the continued patience as we try to work through this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I did it, but I had no luck, still the problem is there.

What else can we do?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raphael,

It seems that recreating the Layout works. Take a look at the link below.
hidden link

This is just a simple test layout that I tried because I was wondering if something was wrong with the layout.

Try recreating the layout and let me know if this works for you.

Thanks,
Shane

I think we mixed up topics, this is about: Related Products shortcode outputting text.

By removing that shortcode:

[wpv-woo-display-tabs disable_reviews_tab='no']

Related products are not only outputting text but some style, however if I use this related products shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="related-products-single-product"]

Related products appears again messy and only text without style, also mess up the price shortcode.

That shortcode calls a related product module which I imported from the module section on Toolset website.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raphael,

That is strange because i checked on my test Layout right here and the shortcode works fine.

hidden link

Maybe there is something i'm missing in your explanations.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm saying that this related product shortcode:

[wpv-post-body view_template="related-products-single-product"]

if is on page with the price shortcode, will brake it. Also will brake another related product shortcode.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raphael,

I'm fully stumped by this issue.

Is there anything that was done before you started noticing this ?

If there was any updates or anything that was done. Reason being one of our demos has this exact setup and it works perfectly fine with all the shortcodes.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Before the issue started I "migrated" from the test/staging site to the live site the related product module and the single product page layout module, from the Toolset site module section.

Then I migrated the "updated" version of the live site to the test/staging site.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Raphael,

With your permission can i install the all in one backup plugin so that I can make another attempt to clone the site ?

I would like to strip it down to see exactly why is this acting so. To me it seems that something went wrong when the site was being migrated.

Thanks,
Shane

Sure do what u need.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.