Skip Navigation

[Closed] version 1.0+ of Types breaks wordpress

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Roberto 11 years, 11 months ago.

Author

Hi, I came across this weird behavior: I did a brand new install of wordpress 3.3.2. Installed Types 1.0.1 and on trying to activate the plugin, it breaks wordpress (blank screen) so I can't login anymore. So I removed the plugin manually and was able to log back in. Then I tried installing 1.0 and the same happens. Then the last 0.9.5.4 version and it worked. What intrigues me is that I have version 1.0.1 working in another test install. In fact the problem began when I tried duplicating that install. After several attempts, removing 1.0.1, reverting to 0.9.5.4 then upgrading and breaking, I resorted to doing a fresh install (new dir and database) and to my surprise, you can't install and activate Types version 1.0+ in a fresh WP install. I tried to follow the upgrade path in this fresh install without success too.
I'm stuck at this.

Amir
Supporter

This could be from a number of reasons. The most popular is memory limit, but other things can happen too.

See here how to enable PHP error logging to file:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

That error log file will tell exactly what's wrong. Then, we can advice on how to handle it.

Thank you very much. It was a memory limit problem. I defined the new limit to 64MB and it's working again.

The topic ‘[Closed] version 1.0+ of Types breaks wordpress’ is closed to new replies.