Skip Navigation

[Closed] views inserted into view template not showing.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Caridad 11 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hello,

When I create a new view then go to my view template and insert it, i see the shortcode there however, nothing displays except some blank space on the final cpt output. However, if I insert the fields separately, they show. Is there something I'm doing wrong/incomplete here or is it a bug?

Wordpress v 3.4.1
types 1.0.3
views 1.1

steps:
1. view --> new view
2. fill out titte, set view query to my cpt, add fields in view layout, save.
3. views --> view template
4. click my template, click the "v" on the edit screen and add my previously created view, save

The shortcode is inserted however reloading the page shows all other individual fields i've entered, but not views.

Thanks for any assistance.

-Warren

Dear Warren,

The Content Template should be assigned to some kind of post to be able to see it. When viewing that post, the shortcode will be replaced with the View. Take a look at this guide, it doesnt include a view shortcode, but the same instructions apply:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/view-templates/

Please let me know if there is anything else that I can assist you with.

Regards.
Caridad

Caridad,

I think this question was misunderstood. What I'm asking about is inserting a "view" into a "view template" I already have working. In other words, the view template I've created works fine, I've assigned it to my custom post type and it's being applied just fine. The trouble is when I try to insert a "view" into the working "view template" nothing shows up.

Here's my process:

1. Create CPT with Types
2. Create field group with fields and assign them to the CPT just created
3. Create a new view using the fields just created
4. Create a new view template, assign it to my CPT
5. Insert individual fields into newly created view template, which works and appears on the CPT output as expected
6. Insert view created in #3 above, save.

Viewing the CPT output after this produces no change. My fields still appear that I created in #5 above but the view I've inserted in #6 does not show up. I should be seeing duplicate fields appearing if everything was working as expected. I've tried to be as verbose as I can so as not to waste anyones time, please let me know if you need further information to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

-Warren

Dear Warren,

I followed your steps and it worked as expected. The View you created is not an archive view, is it? And you are using the latest versions?

Best,
David

The topic ‘[Closed] views inserted into view template not showing.’ is closed to new replies.