Skip Navigation

[Resolved] When Types is activated, I can't filter articles by category in the WP backend.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 8 years, 12 months ago.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Author

I am trying to: Filter articles in the backend

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the articles of the "Distinctions" category

Instead, I got: No results were found.

Hi Daniel,

I couldn't reproduce that issue on my localhost. So, first of all you should update your Types to the latest version, 1.6.6.1. If it doesn't solve your issue, you should isolate that issue, if possible:

1. Disable any other third party plugin
2. Select a default WordPress theme
3. Try again

Also, please attach an image of it. I want to see that dashboard screen.

types-activated.png
types-deactivated.png

Hi Adriano,
Thanks for helping me! So:
1. I disabled all other plugins
2. Activated Twenty Fifteen
3. Updated Types to 1.6.6.2

When Types is disabled, I can filter my articles by category (or perform a search), but when it's activated, I can't. "No article was found."
I'm using a French localization of WordPress 4.1.1.

Hi Daniel,

Very strange, apparently I've reproduce your environment here but couldn't reproduce that issue. Please open your wp-config.php file and add the debug lines below:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

Now let me know if you can see any error in the log.

Sorry, Adriano, after doing what you told me, I can't see any errog_log.txt file in the root directory.

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This is Waqas here, on behalf of Mr. Adriano. He's on a holiday and will join back tomorrow.

He will follow up with you, as soon as he returns. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Have a nice day.

Hello Daniel,

I've exported your Types data, imported on my localhost site and fortunately I could reproduce this issue here. I'll debug this right now and will keep you posted.

I've just reported that issue to our Types development department, they will take care of this very soon. Thank you for your understanding and I'll keep you posted.

Hello Daniel,

We've found the reason of that issue. The "mode" is a reserved word, you can't use that for a custom post type. We will be adding that as a reserved word in our next release. For now you just need to change the slug.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

Bravo Adriano, grazie mille! Thank you to everyone involved in this masterful and tricky debugging 🙂
So the slug was a reserved word. Lesson learned!

Cheers,
Daniel

You are welcome.

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.