Skip Navigation

[Resolved] While or after infinite scroll, my own Javascript function does not work more

This support ticket is created 7 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by christianS-8 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

Hi,
I have a Problem with infinite scroll and my own Function. If I scroll so bottom, that Infinite Scroll Event fires and the same time click to my own button to open scrollable fixed overlay(custom Open Effect : slide to left), then Pagination ist completing successfully, but this breaks my own Overlay function. Javascript does not work more. OR if my Overlay opened faster before pagination successfully completed, then pagination is completing anyway behind it and my Javascript function does not work more. but if I click on this button so, that am not so bottom, that Infinite Scroll Event can fire, then works everything perfectly. Also when pagination is completed an then I click on button to open overlay, works everything perfectly.

How can I fix this Problem? I want, that Infinite Scroll and my Own function are not more dependant on each other.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Christian,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

To help alleviate this you should be able to add your function within the callback function below.

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
	* data.effect (string) The View AJAX pagination effect
	* data.speed (integer) The View AJAX pagination speed in miliseconds
	* data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
	*/

});

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I knew this Pagination Trigger. But this cann't help me now. This can help me, if I I want after "Pagination Completed" to click and open Overlay. But if Overlay is already open and then fires Infinite Scroll, works Javascript not more .

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Could you provide me with an example ?

What i can do is to get in touch with our 2nd tier supporters to see if they can assist with this one as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Hier is a Link and this is example on Toolset test site: . There is infinite Scroll ON and if you scroll bottom, you can see Cat IMG is fading out, but if you don't wait it and scroll even more down, Infinite scroll will be fire and after it is completed, Fadeout Process will be also stopped. This must not happen.

I hope you and other supporters can help me. Infinite Scroll is very important for my Website and this Problem disturbs many Users.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

You code is running fine after the infinite scroll.

Its just that you might have set the fading speed too low for how a person would normally scroll through the page.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

You should observe first or previous images after infinite scroll. They are beginning FadeOut before Infinite Scroll, but after Infinite they cannot FadeOut further. But they must not be stopped, hier is some Infinite Scroll issue.

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the site so that I can have a look at the code ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Thanks i'm currently having a look at this right now.

I'll let you know what I can find.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

I believe you need to have a look at the implementation here.
hidden link

As how they do there fade out of the elements.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thank you, that you want to help. But this Example is completely different than my Problem. I think, will be better, if I show you my real root Website and the Problem there with infinite Scroll. I think then can you realize more easier, what really Problem is. Can you make the next reply as Private?

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

The private fields have been enabled but from what I gather is that you want the post images to fade away whenever you scroll past them correct?

So whenever a user is scrolling in the list and as soon as the image reaches the top of the page you want it to start fading as it is reaching the top.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hello,

sorry, but this Field are not now Private. Can you do it one more time Private?

Best Regards

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Here are the fields.

Also the queue is quite loaded at the moment so please expect some delays in my response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the credentials.

Our forum has been quite busy so it will take some time for me to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.