Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Widget cells inserting extra mark up & CSS

This support ticket is created 6 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnA-11 6 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Noman.

Author

Hi,

I noticed when I run a page I have made using Toolset Layouts through NU HTML validator it reports stray p end tags.

I investigated this with Chrome developer tools and found that in layouts an extra <p></p> pair is added. and is styled as follows:

p:last-of-type {
    /* padding-bottom: 0; */
}

You can use this page:

hidden link

and run it through:

hidden link

I cross checked logo and gravity form on several other themes with toolset layouts and without and it seems to happen when widget cells are used.

Stephen Vaughan at Abbott Consulting.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi John,

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

1. Can you please make sure that you are using latest Toolset Plugins?

2. Can you please share your Debug Information with us so we can see it? I have enabled debug info box for your next reply:
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3. Can you please provide us more details that which widget cell you are using in layout (Widget Area or Single Widget)? And how you have added the content in Widget?

To debug this issue I will need to take a look at your setup. So I need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Link to the [Layout] Edit Screen where you have added the Widget, [Page] Edit Screen where you have applied this layout.

Looking forward to help you.
Thank you

Not sure my reply got sent in on this issue as I don't see it here.

In the event you didn't get it, here we go again.

I see no need to give access to the site. The issue I outlined in the opening post states that there seems to be an injection of extra markup into widget areas laid out in Toolset layouts. I cross checked the widget outside of the layout and this markup did not appear on regular posts through the Divi. I went and also checked with a Genesis theme and the same thing happens.

From what I can make out the w3 validation site seems to want to highlight this as an issue by flagging stray end </p> tags with no opening tag, probably because there is not content between the tags (p:last-of-type )

I am by no means too concerned about this but it would be nice to see it ironed out.

Stephen at Abbott Consulting.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.