Skip Navigation

[Resolved] WooCommerce "Featured" field is not available in Views list of custom fields.

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alisonC 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Shane.

Author

I know that I should be able to add custom fields, including the WooCommerce "Featured" field, to the Views GUI so that I can filter by them, etc.

Currently, the WooCommerce "Featured" field doesn't display in the list of custom fields in the Views settings.

I see someone else has already reported this problem: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-views-not-showing-_featured-in-view-gui-for-woocommerce/

The fix suggested there does work for now, but this is obviously something that should be on the bug list.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alison,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Unfortunately the for the featured items you will need to use a custom hook to achieve this.

Add the following to your functions.php file and it should only display the featured products.

/* --------------------------------------------- */
// WooCommerce 3+ featured products filter
// Only include "featured" products
add_filter( 'wpv_filter_query', 'featured_products',99,3 );
function featured_products( $query_args,$views_settings, $view_id) {

if ($view_id == 10){
    $query_args = array(
      'post_type'  => 'product',
      'tax_query' => array(
        array(
          'taxonomy'     => 'product_visibility',
          'field'   => 'name',
          'terms' => 'featured',
          'operator' => 'IN'
        ),
      ),
    );
  }
  return $query_args;
}

Just change the $view_id to the id of your view and it should work.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane. Like I said, that solution does work for me, but I wanted to file a bug report, given that WooCommerce custom fields are something Views typically supports.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alison,

Actually this was the reason why this filter is being used because woocommerce moved from using a hidden custom field to a hidden taxonomy so the only way to filter for that term is by using the hook.

We found this out after doing some investigation on the field itself.

Thanks,
Shane

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.