Skip Navigation

[Resolved] would like to add Disqus comments to my blog list

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by madir shah 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 11.48.44.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 11.48.31.png

would like to add Disqus comments to my blog list, it seems to work on the first post in the loop. by is not appearing in the rest of the posts in the loop.

I have been reading some suggestions on the forum. what I have already done:

1. I have added this code to the functions.php
add_shortcode('wpv-post-comments', 'my_post_comments');
function my_post_comments() {
ob_start();
comments_template();
$data = ob_get_clean();
return $data;
}
2. I have also added this code to the comments.php (I am not sure if I have inserted it in right)
wp_list_comments( array( 'callback' => 'custom_comment', 'type' => 'comment', 'avatar_size' => 40 ), get_comments( array( 'post_id' => get_the_ID() ) ) );

please have look here:
hidden link

gr.
Madir

Hi, I'm not a Disqus expert so I'm not really the best source of information about how to integrate their software in PHP. However, another client had an issue that involved Disqus recently and posted here in the forums: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/insert-wordpress-build-in-comment-feature-in-content-template/#post-484856
They did not mention any required changes in PHP, they simply inserted a Disqus shortcode into their Content Template:

[js-disqus]

There is also the Disqus universal embed code:
hidden link

Will either of these approaches work for your site?

I tried your suggestions. but none of them worked.
At this moment I am using facebook comments plugin instead.
Is there a way to make my own comments system?

Gr.Madir

In theory you could make your own comments system using CRED, a parent/child relationship between post types, and Views to display lists of comments.

meanwhile I have tried to use cred to make comments system, I have succeeded to make this as you can see here,
hidden link
I am struggling, to make sure that the comment being added via cred form belongs to the post automatically and auto refreshed? now I have a form field where user still have to choose the post.

I would also like to add a way to ask people to login to comment and if possible add edit and delete possibly. please do help.
Gr. Madir

Hi, our support policy states we address one issue per ticket, so please create new tickets for each new question. This helps us keep the forum organized, and helps other users find the answers to similar questions.

For example, if you search the forum for "automatically assign parent post in cred", you will find this ticket that solves a similar problem: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/automatically-assigning-parent-post-and-users-name/

Login restrictions can be managed with our Access plugin. More info about that here:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#using-access

If you have more specific questions, feel free to open new tickets. Thanks!

ok thank you

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.