[Resolved] Sort Table by Taxonomy

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will answer your ticket in about 5.42 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I have made a Table display with Toolset Loop Wizard.
I included a Taxonomy in one of the headings, but it seems, I cannot sort by it.
What is wrong?

Solution:
In a table made with the Loop Wizard, you can sort only by fields.

You cannot sort by Taxonomies.

This is not possible with that sort of setup.

A future update will also hold a warning about this in the GUI, there is nothing we can do here, unfortunately.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff Coen 6 months ago. The support staff assigned to this topic is Beda.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author

I am trying to: I have a View that's pulling data from a Custom Post Type called Products. This CPT has a series of categories and I want the customer to be able to sort by category in the table view. They can sort any other column but not that one.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The ability to sort by category

Instead, I got: No ability to sort by category but I can sort by any other column like Post Title

Beda
Forum moderator

Supporter languages: English (English ) Spanish (Espa├▒ol ) German (Deutsch )

Supporter Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

In a table made with the Loop Wizard, you can sort only by fields.

You cannot sort by Taxonomies.

This is not possible with that sort of setup.

A future update will also hold a warning about this in the GUI, there is nothing we can do here, unfortunately.

That's a shame. That should really be added in. I had to redo my CSV and View to include a custom field for Categories so this other Categories field can be sortable.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)