Skip Navigation

[Closed] WYSIWYG custom field bug

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 11 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 10:00 – 19:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jack 11 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Caridad.

Author

Hi, when using the WYSIWYG field, the content in post content is auto-entered into the Types->Custom WYSIWYG field box. I am using a variety of different plugins which I turned off and this problem didn't go away, but when I turned off Types and used the other plugins' WYSIWYG fields the problem went away so I am pretty sure the problem is in Types. I am using a custom post which has a parent but no children and I was trying to add one isolated WYSIWYG custom field which has no further related or parent/child connections. Any ideas? No caching plugins or SEO. The site will be used for content management so there is no fancy optimization stuff. Thanks, Jack

Hi Jack,

You say "the content in post content is auto-entered into the Types->Custom WYSIWYG field box", when exactly does this happen?

Best regards,
Bruce

When I add the custom field to a custom post type and then open a post in the editor that post's content is now in the WYSIWYG field. If I change the WYSIWYG content and save it disappears and is replaced again with the post content. It's basically a static duplicate of the post content.

I managed to get the Advanced Custom Fields plugin WYSIWYG field to work, but it doesn't give me the html editor buttons - only the visual editor. Also the plugin Secondary HTML Content behaves the same way as Types. I tested Types after deleting all of Secondary HTML Content's data and deleting the plugin just to insure there was no conflict and Types still behaved the same way.

Hi Jack,

What version of WP are you using?

Best regards,
Bruce.

Hi Bruce
The latest version. I am setting up WP for content management not a blog, so I am not using any fancy optimizing plugins either.
I am using weaver pro theme. I have several months experience with it and don't think it's the problem.

Cheers
Jack

Hi Jack,

I can't duplicate the problem here. Can I see this happening on your site? Send any info to bruce@onthegosystems.com.

Best regards,
Bruce

It's not so easy to give you access, but I will try turning off a few other plugins as this bug also comes up with the other plugin as well. I will let you know if I learn anything.
Thanks
Jack

Hi Bruce
I solved the problem and I appreciate your assistance.
The problem was Ice Visual Revisions - http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ice/ - a plugin from Automatic based on NYT code!
I will post the issue on it's wordpress forum.
Hopefully they will fix it because it's a one of a kind.

Cheers
Jack

The topic ‘[Closed] WYSIWYG custom field bug’ is closed to new replies.