Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Author archive page does not load custom post types

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by mirceaB 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

Hello guys,

I have the following problem: I created a few custom post types and I cannot manage to have the author archive load the posts of the author from those custom post types. I tried using WordPress Archives feature from Views but it still loads only default post type.

You can see a link for this here: hidden link

The output it's not styled yet, I will do that after I can have the posts shown.

Also, an unrelated problem that I just noticed, the sidebar is not displayed properly. I think this has nothing to do with views, but I will appreciate any suggestion you may have.

Best regards,
Mircea

Hi Mircea,

First of all let's look for compatibility issues, please do the following tests:

1. Disable any other plugin, except Toolset ones
2. Select a default WordPress theme
3. Try again and let me know your feedback

If it doesn't help you to find the issue, please attach an image where I can see the settings of your WordPress Archive.

archive.png

Hello Adriano,

Thank you for your fast reply. Unfortunately your suggestions didn't helped me out. I disabled all plugins except Types and Views, I selected the TwentyFifteen theme but the author page still misses the custom post type articles.

I've attached a print screen with the settings from the WordPress Archive template.

Best regards,
Mircea

Hello again,

I managed to get this to work, somewhat. But now I have another problem. Here is what I did:

I created an WordPress Archive for the Author archive with the following code:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<div class="container-arhiva">
   <ul>
      <wpv-loop>
        [wpv-view name="arhiva-autor-view"]
      </wpv-loop>
   </ul> 
</div>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<strong>No posts found</strong>[/wpml-string]
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Inside the main loop I loaded a View I created earlier, which has the following code:

[wpv-layout-start]
	[wpv-items-found]
	<!-- wpv-loop-start -->
<div class="container-arhiva">
   <ul>
      <wpv-loop>
        <li>[wpv-post-featured-image size="large"]</li>
        <li>[wpv-post-link]</li>
        <li>[wpv-post-date]</li>
        <li>[wpv-post-excerpt]</li>
      </wpv-loop>
   </ul> 
</div>
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->
[wpv-pagination][wpv-pager-current-page][wpv-pager-num-page][wpv-pager-current-page style="link"][wpv-pager-prev-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Previous[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-prev-page][wpv-pager-next-page][wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Next[/wpml-string][/wpv-pager-next-page][/wpv-pagination]
	[/wpv-items-found]
	[wpv-no-items-found]
		[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]<strong>No items found</strong>[/wpml-string]
	[/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

As can be seen here hidden link the archive displays well (there is a https error because I use a self-signed certificate on the test subdomain and there is no styling yet to the page).

I use the default theme and all plugins deactivated (except for the Types and Views). When I click a link for another page in the navigation output, it takes me to a curious link, that includes the link to my single post from the default post type: hidden link

How can I get the pagination to work?

Best regards,
Mircea

Hi Mircea,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be offering better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Hello,

Have you received the credentials for temporary access or should I send them again?

Best regards,
Mircea

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This is Waqas here, and I will be looking into this matter from now on.

I apologize for the delay in this matter. Please allow me some time to understand and work on this. I will update you as soon as I find a solution.

Hello Waqas!

Thank you for replying, but I managed to get it to work: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/problem-with-pagination-on-author-archive/

All I needed was that function in the functions.php file of my theme to get it to display correctly.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Mircea

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.