Skip Navigation

[Closed] Checkbox custom field doesn’t save value since upgrade to version 1.6.2

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices.

Last updated by alisonC 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Similar to others, checking the custom checkbox field that I’ve added to a custom post type no longer retains it status upon Update. If I check it, it's unchecked after I save and come back to it. As stated in other posts, I’ve toggled between "save 0 to the database" and "don’t save anything…" and it still won’t save. There was a suggestion of completely deleting the field and recreating it. Tried that and after a long time of manually going through each post and checking the boxes as needed, the same problem exists. I can supply more information in private as it seems to be the case. Thank you.

Hi anthonyH,

Please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme,
2) enable wordpress debug mode, repeat the actions you mentioned above, and post the debug logs here.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/
3) if the problem still exists, please duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private details box with login details, also point out the problem page URL, I need a live website to debug.

Click on the "Events" left menu item
Edit the "Test event" item
In the "Event Details" fields box, about halfway down is the checkbox having problems, labeled "Date TBD?". If you check it, then update, it doesn’t hold this state.

Your help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Thanks for the details, I have been able to duplicate same problem in my localhost, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

Do you know if there is an estimated time as to when this might be resolved? Thanks!

Our developers are working on it, it should be fixed in Types 1.6.3, which will be released soon, please let me know if you need a development version for test.

Yes, that would be great if I could get that. Thanks.

Same problem for me . Revert to 1.57 could help ?

Do we know when 1.6.3 is due? I'm having the same issue with checkboxes not displaying the correct values.

Types 1.6.3 is already released, you can download it here:
https://toolset.com/my-account/downloads/

I’ve updated to 1.6.3 and the issue still exists.

So update from 1.57 to 1.6 : Fatal error
Then update from 1.6 to 1.62 : checkboxes not working.
And 1.63 does not solve .
:/

I'm getting a similar issue. Types doens't let me add a checkbox, checkboxes or a select type. It adds it, I fill it out, hit save, page refreshes and nothing that I add is still there. The custom fields I added prior to updating to 1.6.3 are still there.

Thanks for the feedback, our developers are working on it. I will update this thread if there is any news.

Any ideas or a work around for this? Not being able to use this feature makes my purchase pointless at this point.

The topic ‘[Closed] Checkbox custom field doesn’t save value since upgrade to version 1.6.2’ is closed to new replies.