Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Display a taxonomy

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tonyS-8 9 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author
Taxonomy.jpg

I am trying to: I have set up a taxonomy and I want to get rid of the higher level checkboxes on head, heart, and body anomalies and just style them as titles of each group. How and were do I do this?

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Generally, you can apply a CSS to the containers of such items, to hide them.

However, if you can provide a URL to see the working example, I can help you forming this.

pic.jpg

I am on a local install at the moment. I attached an image that shows the elements.

Waqas
Supporter

You can apply following CSS for your top-level category/check boxes:

li.popular-category input[type=checkbox] {display: none;}

Provided that '.popular-category' CSS class is applied to the top level

• item in this list.

I added the css and it took away (all) the checkboxes. I am not sure if I understand how to apply it to just the top level. I had inserted in the code in the custom css for filter and loop output. Both resulted in the same thing.

Waqas
    Supporter

It will be great if you can put this up on a live URL, so I can better understand the output of this section.

Anyhow, if above isn't possible, can you please send the HTML (from view source of your browser) for this particular checkboxes area? Since your previous screen shot just exposes a single

• item, I am not able to identify the difference between top-level and secondary level items.

I have installed my site online. I have blocked access to public view. If you give me your IP address I can give you access or I need a way to send you a username and password.

Waqas
    Supporter

I have enabled your next reply as private, please input all details in that area. Also mention the page/view in question.

Please remember to take the backup of your site before proceeding.

Waqas
    Supporter

Please see it applied on your mentioned page. I have applied following CSS in CSS editor of your view:

ul.categorychecklist > li {
        font-weight: bold;
        font-size: 16px;
    }

ul.categorychecklist > li > ul > li {
        font-weight: normal;
    }

ul.categorychecklist > li > label > input {
        display: none;
    }

/* Remove the following style if you want those black bullets back on */
    .entry-content ul>li {
        background: none;
    }

I hope this matter is resolved.

For other matters, according to our forums policy, please open a new thread so you (and others) get more focused replies, thanks.

Thanks abunch

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.