Skip Navigation

[Closed] Dropdown not working in IE

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 8 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 6 voices.

Last updated by emerson 9 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: emerson.

Author

sorry, its:
halo
ringwood

sometimes it asks you twice

Dear Ben

We tried this with IE11 on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and it is working for us in all combinations.

I need to see the problem before I can work on it, but I havent been able to yet.

Is it possible to record a screencast or something to show me?

Thanks
Caridad

sorry, I thought I'd responded before.. its
halo
ringwood

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This is Waqas here, I have been assigned to further look into this matter.

I am unable to access the website with your provided credentials. Looks like the user/password has been changed.

Can you please confirm the credentials again? Private details box is enabled.

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you, I just got that.

Waqas
Supporter

contact-us-ie11-win8.jpg
contact-us-ie11-win7.jpg

Please see attached screen shots, I tried the page hidden link again in Windows 7 and 8, using IE 11.

I can see that drop down working fine, while you can see the blue highlighted items were the selected ones, and, highlighted with grey were under the mouse pointer. I didn't use arrow keys or keyboard at all.

As Caridad asked, is it possible to record a screencast or something to show me? This will help me to understand the problem in more detail.

Same problem here... I think it's a new issue

We changed the form to base style and it's working...

Hello,

Have you been able to login to the page and see hwat the problem is? I posted the password previously above 🙂
thanks!

Waqas
Supporter

Please consider my previous reply (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dropdown-not-working-in-ie/page/2/#post-246089).

I was able to login and went through my findings above. It will be great to record a screencast or something to show me? This will help me to understand the problem in more detail.

Hello,

thanks for your replies - Im really sorry I didnt see them as I didnt realise I needed to goto the second page to see them.

Here's a screen cast of what I see. This is Firefox 32 on a mac but its the same on Windows 8 IE.. and WIndows Firefox too:
haloclients.co.uk/video.zip

Dear Ben,
I'm re-assigned to handle your case. First, thanks for the video. I have seen it but it seems the original problem is not clear to me on the video. This is what happen as I saw it:

1.) You are using Firefox 32 on Mac. Well I have similar setup with yours though I'm using Linux.
2.) You have switched from "I would like to be a concept salon" selection then to "I have a technical inquiry"
3.) Suddenly the video stops and the selection ends with "I would like to become a distributor of Organic Colour Systems".

Clarifications needed:
1.) Your original problem as described here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/dropdown-not-working-in-ie/#post-235269

"you can get it to drop down but it doesn't allow you to select any option"

->My comment: in the video, it seems you can get it to the drop down and select any options. (I saw in the video doing selections from "I would like to be a concept salon" selection then to "I have a technical inquiry".

Question: Are we looking at the wrong problem? If yes, please clarify.

2.) When the video stops, it ends with "I would like to become a distributor of Organic Colour Systems".

Question: What have you done at that last step that made it switch to "I would like to become a distributor of Organic Colour Systems"? Are you submitting the form? Or are you clicking the area outside the dropdown select? If yes, I don't see any submit button here: hidden link ,how did you submit that form if this is the case?

We have not been able to replicate this issue on our end. I just send you a screencast using Firefox 32 in Ubuntu (similar nix environment with Mac) to your email. We click on the outside area after doing the selection but the selections are not reverted back to original one. We don't see any issue of switching it back to the default or other choices.

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks. 🙂

Cheers,
Emerson

The topic ‘[Closed] Dropdown not working in IE’ is closed to new replies.