Skip Navigation

[Closed] Explanation needed: URLs that don't exist come to the Types URL

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqas 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Author

I am trying to: Understand what is going on with my urls

I visited this URL:example.com/WhateverDirItDoesn'tMatter/gator forwords to example.com/codeword/gator

I expected to see: I would expect to see a 404 error

Instead, I got: it redirecting to the codeword url

I'm not sure how or why it is doing this. Heck, I'm not even sure it is a bad thing but I don't get it. If I do another directory down I will indeed get a 404 example.com/dir/2/gator will fail.

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

types-help-debug.png

Can you please provide some debug information for your website? You can find debug information under Types -> Help and look for "debug information page" link almost at end of the page. By clicking the link you will be taken to another page, just copy and paste the information in the relevant area on this page. Please see attached image.

I have enabled Debug Information area for your next reply.

Thanks, done. Thanks for the support and what I think may be an awesome product to use for our needs.

Waqas
Supporter

Your debug information looks fine, however I have a few suspects, can you please consider followings?

- Please try disabling your plugins 1-by-1 and keep checking if it fixes the issue.
- Please try with a Word Press default theme, such as TwentyFourteen and etc.
- Looks like you are using an embedded Web Server (Atari 2600). I tried searching over Google and found following results:

- hidden link
- hidden link

If these are relevant to your Web Server and your web server really falls under that. Can I ask you to try with some standard Web Servers, such as Apache and IIS (Microsoft Internet Information Server)?

On the other hand, I will require a temporary access to your website, so I can look into more details, after considering above mentioned points.

Switched to the TwentyFourteen Theme

Every plugin disabled. Results are...
site.com/codeword/gator --> Displays homepage with the url as site.com/codeword/gator
site.com/invalid/gator --> 404
site.com/gator --> 404

Only Types activated. Results are...
site.com/codeword/gator --> shows page as expected
site.com/invalid/gator --> redirects to site.com/codeword/gator (expect a 404)
site.com/gator --> redirects to site.com/codeword/gator (expect a 404)

My .htaccess is as follows...

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
Options All -Indexes
</IfModule>
# END WordPress

As for the server...
It is Apache II LAMP server. I was just getting cute with having the server return Atari_2600 when setting them up 😉

Waqas
Supporter

Can I ask for a temporary access to your website? So I can look into the matter in more detail. I have set your next reply as Private, please consider supplying all relevant information in that area.

The topic ‘[Closed] Explanation needed: URLs that don't exist come to the Types URL’ is closed to new replies.