Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to write slug so that includes parent.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nelsonS 9 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

How do I set up the permalink structure of child posts to also show the parent slug eg. hidden link rather than just hidden link. authors and books are custom post types and books are children of authors.

I am using the Types API

Are you going to use the parent post type slug "author" to prepend before the slug of books post?

If it is, you can try like this:
edit the post type "Books":
hidden link
user/pass: xgren/111111

in section "Advanced", enable option "Use a custom URL format ", and fill the parent post type slug into it.

See the result post:
hidden link

Hello Luoy

Thanks for replying. I made a little mistake in how i framed my question. What I really want to achieve is to prepend the author name in front of the book name e.g example.com/my-authors/stephen-king/the-shining .

my-authors = author slug
stephen king = parent post
the-shining = child post (book)

Sorry for the confusion. I hope this makes sense.

Sorry, It is not possible within the Types plugin, Types can only Pre-pend posts with a static slug.
You can ask help from our certified partners at
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Ok. thanks. I do know that I need to code some rewrite rules and filters to make it work so this is more of a wordpress challenge than one restricted to the plugin

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.