Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Layouts not showing in Page Attributes Drop Dwon Menu

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created 9 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by clintonC 9 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Paweł Pela.

Author
Capture.JPG

When a new Layout is created, it is not showing up in the drop down menu under Page Attributes

Dear clintonC,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin) to a test site where the problem has been replicated in order to be of better help. I've enabled the private details box for you. You will find the needed fields below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

Thank you!

Regards,
Paweł

Thanks for responding Paweł,

Unfortunately, this development server is behind our firewall. Otherwise, I would be glad to give you access.

Do you have some typical reasons why a newly created Layouts would not show up in a Page Attributes drop down menu for various post types?

I could pack up the whole site using the " Duplicator" plugin and place it someplace you could download it from, if that would help?

Dear Clinton,

OK, we will go from here.

I do not think there are any reasons, except for a bug. I am not aware of any bug which would cause such behaviour.

A Duplicator package will surely help. Please notify me once you have it ready for me to download.

Regards,
Paweł

I think I found a work-around. Since the post pages I need to display are "Custom Types" and these custom types posts insist on using the single.php file in the theme, I created a custom single-mypostpage.php file for each post type and added this code to each:

<?php
/*
Single Post Template: IC Host Landing Page
Description: For individual IC Host Agency pages
*/
?>
<?php get_header(); ?>
<div id="content" class="<?php echo implode( ' ', responsive_get_content_classes() ); ?>">
<?php the_ddlayout( 'default-layout' ); ?>
</div><!-- end of #content -->
<?php get_footer(); ?>

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.